Weight, Overweight, Underweight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Your Weight Status?

• Both you and your doctor agree you are overweight

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • Your doctor says you are overweight but you think you're fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're underweight

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • You and your doctor agree your weight is just right

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
The bane of a foodie's existance. We love to eat. We know the consequences.

Where do you stand? Answer the poll and feel free not to make any comments if you prefer.

I chose "other" because while I'm in the middle of the normal BMI range, I like it when I weigh about 10 pounds less than I do right now. Don't know what a doc would say but I'm assuming one would say I'm not overweight.

I voted for the first category, using my primary care doctor's opinion. She's a skinny little healthfood/excercise nut, so we disagree about how MUCH I'm overweight.

Now, compared with my gynecologist, I look like a TWIG, and she never gets on my case about weight. I like her best. ;)

Lee

I chose the fourth option - after struggling for a while to get my weight UP to a normal weight, I'm happy at the moment. I've got a thyroid problem - it's a bummer most of the time, but it does have some good points - I don't gain weight easily.

I'm with FM, other.
I'm in the normal range for my height and build but another 10-15 lbs less I would still be there and I'd be back to pre- 1st kid weight.
darn kids.

I'm a big guy. That has its pros and cons. Cons, chicks are harder to come by, clothes harder to find a good fit.

Pros. I can eat more and drink more.

I voted for the doctor says I'm overweight, but I think I'm fine. My BMI (body mass index) is at the high end of normal. The doctor would tell me to lose 5-10 lbs. to go the low end of my BMI. I go to the gym 3 days a week, ride a bike, walk, and do a good bit of physical labor. I feel great!

I've thought about eating too - we like to cook, we like to eat. Sometimes I'll post about high-calorie meals, sometimes low. Sometimes I wonder ,when I see other posts , how people get by eating high calorie meals day-in and day-out. Maybe I'm just jealous!

Interesting question. Thanks for posing it.

I'm probobly at a normal weight (5'9 @ 160#) But I think I need to loose about 5-10. It's all sitting on my belly. 'Darn smoker' :pig:

I've been considered "underweight" for my entire life. I've never had an "eating disorder", but I've just always been picky eater, and never cared to eat.. At least until a year ago when I got married and started cooking! Now I LOVE to eat, and have actualy gained about 10 lbs. Although i'm STILL considered "underweight", I'm only about 5 lbs away from being normal!!

I admit it, I'm overweight, and I am working on it. I have lost weight by cooking and not eating take-away or fast-food. Just not as much as my Dr would like, I have have a problem with portion size :). Like A.M. said, we foodies love to eat!!

Been overweight on and off for a long time. Now keeping it off. Down to around 10-12% body fat. BMI 22.5 (middle of 'normal').

My BMI is normal. I think my weight is fine, I've always hovered around 130lbs. Not sure what my doctor would say, but so far she has not mentioned it, and even if she did, I would still say my weight is just fine for me. My height is 5'3, so that may be considered overweight by perfect standards, but I look fine to me.

My weight is just right I believe but could stand to lose about 5 to 8 lbs. But for the most part I am in shape and in my target weight range. I try to offset my foodie splurges with exercise to help compensate for the extra calories.

i'm overweight, but it's by choice. ;) my tastebuds and belly's choice.

i'm 6 feet tall, around 220lbs., but the standard charts say i should be 185. in who's freakin' starvation world would that be?

i doubt i could heathfully get below 200. i should drop those 20, though.
i'm a fairly dense person (no comments from the peanut gallery, please :)). my wife describes my body type as a linebacker or ice hockey center. not too tall and lanky, not short and wide either, but evenly thick. (again, no comments :)).

my son is much the same way. when people go to pick him up, they're shocked at his weight to body size ratio. he feels like he's made of lead.

I could probably stand to loose the 10-15 pounds I put on quitting smoking... several attempts... about 6 months good this time .... I cant diet though it makes me ANGRY especially without the nic. I do need to get back on the gym routine I feel much better when I do. but I havent been good about it in the last year with the move and the renovation and everything being in upheaval..... I have a fairly solid build so I was never skinny but to be more fit again would be nice.

I dont really feel bad about eating though especially since I usually try to eat healtfully The beer and wine is empty calories I could use to cut back on though.

I'm 5'8" and 138lbs. I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 months and am very happy I can fit back into old favorite jeans! I exercise 5 days a week and pay very close attention to what I eat. I hate the feeling I had when I didn't fit into my clothes because I was pudgy. I also love the feeling I have during/after exercising, it improves my mood big time!

Oh but how my sweet tooth and I argue often! My weakness is home baked goods!

Back
Top Bottom