ISO recipe for leftover corned beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovestoeat

Assistant Cook
does anyone have a good corned beef recipe? I have some leftover in my freezer, and would like to use it up. thanks!

I've got a tasty one. Hang in there! I don't have the recipe written down yet, my DW does have it in her pretty head though. I'll get her to cough it up when she gets home from work. ;-) also have a video in progress showing the recipe in action as well, coming soon. I'll get crackin on it tonight and try and get it finished so you can see it. ;)

You know. When it comes to corned beef its tough to beat a good Ruben sandwich...

I dry roasted a corned beef brisket last weekend. It was fantastic!!

I layed the brisket on a rack, covered with the pickling spices that came with it. Added some other spices out of the cupboard. Loosely covered it and roasted it in the oven at 300F for 1 hr per pound. It was terrific!!!!!

Corned beef hash is good.

Oh, ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Just finely dice the corned beef, or process it in a food processor to about a fine dice. Do the same with an equal amount of potatoes. Finely dice onions. Mix them all together, add salt and pepper.

Melt about 3 T of butter in a frying pan. Add the hash and pat it down. Let it cook on medium low till it's brown, then flip over and brown the other side (it's okay if it breaks apart).

Top with poached or fried eggs. Serve with toast for any meal of the day.

One restaurant I love serves the hash inside baked potato skins, then tops it with cheese-scrambled eggs. Decadent!

Lee

You can also make a "reuben casserole" by layering corned beef, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing and swiss cheese together. Top with some buttered bread crumbs..(rye if you want to be authentic) and bake until bubbly.

Thanks guys. These all look delicious. Finally I can use my leftover!

Reuben sandwich with thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, & swiss on pumpernickle bread, potato salad & a dill pickle on the side, would be my first choice.

Or - spread some honey mustard on refrigerated dough, top with corned beef, sauerkraut, & swiss. Roll up the dough, poke a few hole w a fork, brush with egg wash and bake. Slice & serve w thousand island or russian dressing

Brush some stone ground mustard or honey dijon on flour tortillas, put on your corned beef, sliced green apples, swiss cheese, & saurkraut. Fold the tortillas in half and saute in butter. Serve w grilled pineapple rings on the side.

Last edited:
With corned beef, I like to make a Scottish pie, or sheperd's pie. Top up with mashed potatoes.

Stuffed Bell Peppers with Corn Beef Hash

These stuffed peppers are rumored to be the favorite breakfast of President Reagan.

Ingredients

3 medium potatoes, cooked
1 large onion, diced
3 medium tomatoes
1 can corned beef
4 bell peppers
4 eggs
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

Brown onions and potatoes in oil. Add tomatoes, corned beef, salt, pepper and enough warm water to keep from burning. Simmer for 20 minutes. Cut off the tops of the bell peppers. Clean out seeds and remove center core. Parboil in salted water until tender limp. Drain. Fill peppers almost to the top with corned beef mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Five minutes before serving, drop raw egg on top of each pepper. Return to the oven until egg has set.

I made corned beef hash with mine and LOVED it! So much better than the junk you get out of the can.

If I have just a little corned beef left, I shred it for a frittata , swiss cheese with it and potatoes.

With left over corned beef you can make a sauce substituting fresh beef for corned beef.
say for spaghetti Bolongese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom