Any photo editing gurus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
I am looking for a program, preferrably freeware, that I can outline a photo, subtract the background, then paste it on top of another photo.... pretty much adding a pic to another pic to make it look like we are standing next to each other... any suggestions? I have downloaded a few programs, but none of them seem to outline, they just crop. Guess I am not sure what term to search? A website I know, I can add the outlined pic on top of the main one, but I can't seem to find one that crops and outline... Thanks for any help!!!:angel:

There are several Trial ware programs you can use. Usually the trial period lasts 30 days. Trial ware allows access to high end programs for use on several projects without paying the price.

Adobe has Photoshop/CS and Coral has Paint Shop Pro.

Thing is the higher end graphics programs may require a 'late model' computer and lots of resources, and may require XP or Vista. The OS requirements probably aren't a problem, the hardware could be.

I would suggest Paint Shop, last time I tried Photoshop/CS Adobe hadn't worked out all the bugs and CS was known to not install or run well (if at all).

Last edited:
Thanks!!!! I did find PaintNEt, kinda tinkering with it. I can layer the 2 photos together, trying to blend them is proving challenging haha!!!

Thanks for the suggestions! I will go check out the others!:)

I use Corel Photo Paint x3 (comes automatically with Corel Draw). It has a 'feather' feature to help it blend in with the background. The program is around $300 I think.

If this is something you don't do very often and don't want to buy a program for it, I'd love to do it for you. PM me if you're interested. I've done this type of thing alot and have been using Corel Draw/Photo Paint for about 9 years.

GIMP is a feature rich program and can do what you need. It is not very intuitive though. There is a learning curve. It is free though and does almost everything Photoshop can do.

I downloaded the GIMP last night, awesome features. I ended up using the PaintNET. The photos I was trying to merge had different lighting, so I had to tweak each photo several times before cutting together. Still didnt meld too well, so I opted for the oil sketch, then amazingly found and online photo template that was perfect!!! Still kinda novice, but here was the final result... like, 5-6 hours later hehe!

img_580876_0_c17bf6f4ae33eb96120d52e14a027678.jpg

Back
Top Bottom