Cookie dough advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I'm making some cookies today. I'd like to make about half of the cookies today and the other half tomorrow.

I was planning on putting the dough in the fridge overnight. Do I need to bring the dough back to room temp tomorrow before baking or can I scoop the cold dough on to the baking sheets and bake them right away? I know that if your butter is too soft then your cookies will come out flat but what about when the butter is cold?

Thanks for any advice!

What kind are you making?
I did that with oatmeal raisin last week... I just scooped up the cold stuff the next day and rolled it into balls, baked just fine. Almost a little better maybe than the 1st days. It rolled nicely too, not sticky all over my hands. Just have to mash it a little.

What kind are you making?
I did that with oatmeal raisin last week... I just scooped up the cold stuff the next day and rolled it into balls, baked just fine. Almost a little better maybe than the 1st days. It rolled nicely too, not sticky all over my hands. Just have to mash it a little.
Its a double chocolate cookie. There is melted chocolate in the batter too. My dough may get too hard.

Yum, sounds awful good! I would probably give it a 15-min warm-up so it's neither too warm or cold. If you like a softer, slightly undercooked cookie I wouldn't even bother (my DH prefers that way).

Back
Top Bottom