Zumba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Zumba is a exercise class that is starting soon and I would like to know if someone here has tried it? The person who was signing everyone up said they knew very little about it. Is it real intense? Is there those steps used in some exercise classes? I have tried some of the steps and frankly they make me very nervous after I saw one person fall. Bad memory. Just interested if anyone actually tried Zumba? I would like to do something other than aerobics.

I had never even heard of it, so I looked it up. YouTube - ZUMBA!!!!! It looks like a lot of fun, but I'd probably kill myself trying it! Watch the guy in the white shirt and blue pants in the first routine. He about passes out when the main girl starts shaking her hips! I think our husbands would pay good money to get these classes for us ladies! :LOL:

:)Barbara

I do Jazzercise myself and we have class at a place where Zumba is also offered. I have not heard real good things about it so far. And when the class is offered, it is popular for about a month and then it dies off. So I don't know if that says anything or not. Honestly, I can't tell you much about it except from what I hear from others.

Jazzercise is fun, but it is not for everyone. I get to take the classes for free as I am a 'door manager' for my Jazzercise instructor.

I would check to see if you can try a class and see how you like it. Instructors should offer and show how to do a 'low impact' version of a routine to help beginners or those that are not so sure footed.

Ok, just watched the video Barbara posted, I will say that the large arm movements will wear you out and be very hard at first. I like the fact that they are using the entire body, but the moves seem a bit complicated and could easily be intimidate a newby.

But hey, check it out, let us know what you think. It looks like it could be alot of fun.

good luck w/it...I have no clue-never been to u-tube-just saw the name 'zumba' and thought it was a dish I never heard of...sorry...still...good luck

I had never even heard of it, so I looked it up. YouTube - ZUMBA!!!!! It looks like a lot of fun, but I'd probably kill myself trying it! Watch the guy in the white shirt and blue pants in the first routine. He about passes out when the main girl starts shaking her hips! I think our husbands would pay good money to get these classes for us ladies! :LOL:

:)Barbara

Doesn't seem any more involved than the aerobics I am doing right now. I thought would be different movements but we do most of the motions plus we have weights for part of the time. I do love the exercise as when i get through seems I have more energy and don't seem like I move as slow as others I hang out with. It just bothers me when friends say it doesn't pay!

Thanks Barbara, I just thought someone could tell me if the actually took a Zumba class. The video just didn't impress me. I will go and observe as sattie suggested. Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom