Chrysler 300--Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Does anyone here have, or know someone who has, a Chrysler 300? We are starting to do a little car "window shopping," and I saw a few of these online. We are looking for a mid-size 4-door sedan that is comfortable enough for long drives (like to California), but that is not terrible on gas. We are looking for used, but not too old.

How well do these perform? Are they comfortable? We will check these out further (as well as other cars), but I thought I would start the ball rolling here. :cool:

:)Barbara

My SIL gets to choose what car she wants as a company car. She did a lot of shopping around last time, as she usually buys out the lease on it when the 3 year term is up. She chose the Chrysler 300. She's had it about 2 years, and is very happy with it, no problems so far. It's a very comfortable ride. Snappy looking too!!!!:)

I can only speak to how it looks ~ and ooooh la la! Love it! It makes a statement as it comes towards you.

It sits nicely (as a front seat passenger, have not been in the back) and it is reasonably priced new or used, from what I've seen.

Classy looking car. I vote, yeah! Yeah! YEAH!

:heart:
Z

It looks great but... I've sat in a few and find them very uncomfortable. Keep in mind that I'm only 5 feet 3 inches though...that does make my view different from a taller person.

It looks great but... I've sat in a few and find them very uncomfortable. Keep in mind that I'm only 5 feet 3 inches though...that does make my view different from a taller person.
I'm 5'2"! Was it the height sitting that was the problem (like trying to see out), or were the seats too high for your legs? When I'm sitting, I'm pretty much the same height as most people, but when I stand up, they go up and I stay down there (I have no legs!).

Goodweed--We'll jump right on it! LOL--They'd have to use the jaws of life to get us out of that thing!

Last edited:
I have heard the Ford 500 is more comfortable for shorter people with more adjustments available. Also, the new Malibu has adjustable pedals for shorter people. I am a taller person (6'2"), and I liked the Ford 500 best for comfort.
Of course, if picking on looks I would go with the Dodge Charger over the Chrysler 300, especially one with bumblebee racing stripes!!
As for gas mileage all were in the same range as far as I could tell, although Ford has claims its 500 gets better gas mileage.
Consumers Reports is a good place to look for technical data on comfort, power, gas mileage, reliability, etc.

We have sat in a Ford 500 and liked the feel of it. We saw 3 or 4 Dodge Chargers within just a few minutes in the O'Charley's parking lot, and a few more driving through the WalMart parking lot. Apparently they are very popular right now.

I'm 5'2"! Was it the height sitting that was the problem (like trying to see out), or were the seats too high for your legs? When I'm sitting, I'm pretty much the same height as most people, but when I stand up, they go up and I stay down there (I have no legs!).

Goodweed--We'll jump right on it! LOL--They'd have to use the jaws of life to get us out of that thing!

wow, I fall in between you and Pds..I'm 5 1 and thankful that the car I use has power seats,:LOL:Shop around and take the car out for a test drive..
that at least gives you an idea of the seats..
kades

Yeah, we won't buy anything without trying everything out. BTW, you look taller in your picture. You must be proportioned well. :cool:

I don't know how I missed this one except that we were on vacation during the time this ran. For the exact week this came out, we rented one of these from Avis, as the bigger version of the Cadillac was not available.

Here's my report. We drove 8 states in 10 days. Total of 3500+ miles in all. Cal/Nev/Ari/Ut/Id/Mon/Wy/Col.
Were we uncomfortable in this car? Not at all.
Very comfortable infact.
Was it good in gas. Very good in gas.
It was big enough for the two of us and even for when we returned and I put two of the grands in their car seats in the back seat for me to take them to the store, it was more than ample.
I think they're beautiful.
I like their styling.
I considered one before buying this.
I really did as every time I've seen one, I love their front grill, looks like a giant smile to me. Really pretty lines, got the upgraded version of the one we rented which was nice too.
My honest comment is, after buying a Dodge Chrysler and owning a Daimler Chrysler product, buying their extended very expensive warranty, and them not living up to their end, I told my husband that is reason enough for me not to buy it. They may have fixed their customer NO service over the years since I bought my favorite gorgeous car, but every time I had to take it in, it was like pulling decayed teeth to get any help. So,that being said, with them and their company I am done.
To me, it all comes down to customer service, not customer NO service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom