Dinner, Monday April 14, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karenlyn

Senior Cook
I'm always too late to join in on this thread the next day, so thought I'd start it myself.

I have 3/4 of a can of leftover anchovies from making caesar dressing, so think I might make a puttanesca sauce. I don't serve pasta except on special occasions, so I was thinking of thickening it up nicely and serving it over seared tilapia (with a side of asparagus). I have no idea how this will turn out, but we'll see!

Why not use your anchovies and black olives, a simple sauce for spaghetti.

Short and sweet.

Going to the store soon..so this might change but, for right now I'm planning on
a pork chop fried in a little olive oil with salt and pepper and a Greek salad. The veggies here are so nice and fresh. The bakery has some wonderful choices for bread so I think I'll grab some of that too.

I'm going to make a sort of chicken - kebab with a basil / garlic dressing.
GotGarlic I think you would love this one have you tried it? I've requested it for my b-day several times!
Recipes : Marinated Chicken and Vegetable Skewers with Creamy Italian Dressing : Food Network

That sounds really good - I might try it on the grill this weekend :)

DH and I both have stuff going on after work and won't be home till close to 8, so we'll just heat up leftovers from last night.

Just finished simmering a rich tomato ragu sauce for Spag Bog...an easy Monday evening standby. The kids have the first servings then spice it up a bit for the adults.

I have left-over brined pork chops, left-over collard greens, left-over roasted rosemary potatoes. Since I don't know exactly any way to re-invent these ingredients into a different dish I guess I'll just serve them the same as last night - on a plate :cool:

Have absolutely no idea. I may do italian sausages for DH and give the border some of the leftover ribs from last night. For myself, I think a nice salad with seeds, cranberries and goat cheese. It is really a challenge when no one eats the same thing!

I have a pork shoulder roast in the crockpot. Will also have mashed potatoes and green beans. Not sure about dessert yet.

My version of lo-fat lasagna with mushrooms, spinach, shallots. No dessert tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom