Tahini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fiona

Cook
I have a jar of Tahini sat in the fridge - bought to make hoummous. Made it & still best part of the jar sat in the fridge! Does anyone have further ideas of how to use tahini? I love the flavour but have never experimented with it. Thanks.:chef:

Use it as a spread instead of peanut butter. Make halva. use it as the base for fruits and nuts in a tart. Make baba ganoush. make more hoummos!

Baba ghanouj (several spellings out there) is tahini added with mashed grilled eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and is great with pita bread and breadsticks and chips in general---when I make it here people are delighted with it...........there are a lot of Turkish owned shops here so tahini paste is fairly easy to find

Andy, do you have a TNT dun dun noodles recipe? I've tried several and just can't seem to find a really good one.

I'm still working on making mine better, It's not in sharable condition yet.

Got it, thanks. ;) For some reason, I just can't seem to get the flavor correct. I've tried soupy versions and ragu-style versions and none of them taste all that great.

If you google tahini recipes, you'll find 401,000 possibilities. Some sound very tasty.

Baba ghanouj (several spellings out there) is tahini added with mashed grilled eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and is great with pita bread and breadsticks and chips in general---when I make it here people are delighted with it...........there are a lot of Turkish owned shops here so tahini paste is fairly easy to find

Try this one, Expatgirl and Fiona. Recipes : Roasted Eggplant Spread : Food Network

Even better than baba ganoush, since it has more vegetables, thus more flavor, color and TEXTURE!! I've made it a couple of times and use 6 cloves of garlic in the roasting mix.

Delicious!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom