MEXICO - Playa del Carmen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookbookie

Assistant Cook
I am going to spend a week in Playa del Carmen, Mexico at an all inclusive resort :cool: but I want to check out some places to eat in town. Any suggestions???? Something fun and delicious !

It was my experience that the all inclusive restaurants had all I would want and we didn't venture out to eat at all. Sorry!

Wow, that article is perfect timing. Playa de Carmen is clear on the other side of the country from us, so I can't give you any advice.........except, I have heard from many people who stay in the all-inclusives in our area that the food is usually uninspiring and monotonous. One of the best things about Mexico is the wonderful street food, especially tacos, which are nothing like Taco Bell. Look for a sidewalk vendor where there are crowds of people, especially locals, and you won't have to worry about quality and safety. We have eaten Mexican street food for years and never have been sick from it.

I've been to Playa several times. It is so beautiful there! I liked the Blue Lobster and the Whiskey Bar up in Playa proper. The meals at the AI resorts are usually well done also.
Enjoy your time in Playa!

Thank you all for your input. We leave tomorrow from Placerville Ca where it is 31degrees this morning and will be enjoying sun and sand and great food Tuesday.

Lucky, lucky you. We love Playa. There are so many wonderful restauants there, it's hard to choose. If you can afford it, I would venture off the resort for dinner. We loved Babe's. Wonderful blueberry margaritas, crab rolls, and swedish meatballs. We also had guac wherever we went. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom