Puddin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguynamedrobert

Senior Cook
Ok...I have been working on my Pudding recipe lately. I have been using different Vanilla's from different origins and some puddings with eggs some without. Some with corn starch and some without. What is everyone's favorite way to make Vanilla pudding??????

My recipe is:

3 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

mix together and microwave 5-6 minutes until thickened

Wish I had my recipe with me... it's really delish. I'll be home Thursday and If I think about it will post.

I have to say, I really prefer recipes that are corn starch-less. I don't make pudding, like ever, so I don't have a go to recipe. Sorry I don't have much to share.

Haha...You better believe it. I get out side of chocolate as well. Vanilla is another fantastic ingredient to play around with...especially the whole bean from different regions...

Thanks for the notes everybody. I'm on my 6th refinement of my recipe so I should have it done with the next week or two...

Have a great day,

hmmm, vanilla pudding....I only do chocolate! I make a corn starch based chocolate pudding from one of the Joy of Cooking cookbooks. I'm looking forward to your vanilla recipe. I must say I have not made a vanilla pudding since discovering nice vanillas.

Haha...You better believe it. I get out side of chocolate as well. Vanilla is another fantastic ingredient to play around with...especially the whole bean from different regions...

Thanks for the notes everybody. I'm on my 6th refinement of my recipe so I should have it done with the next week or two...

Have a great day,

Make sure to share what ya come up with. One can not have toooo many pudding choices!:):):)

You got it...I will post my recipe when I finish...

It is an egg and cornstarch thickened pudding by the way...

Have a good one everybody,

Back
Top Bottom