Dining out...have you ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
Have you ever deliberately put a hair, piece of plastic etc. in your food at a restaurant just got get a free meal? I ask because I work in a restaurant and I never know if the customer is telling the truth or not. Sometimes we get people saying there is a hair in their food when the only cook in the kitchen has a completely shaved head, and none of the staff have hair color even close to the hair in the food.

I would never in a million years ever even entertain the thought of doing that. I doubt most people would either. My guess is that most of your customers are telling the truth. The hair could have come from anywhere. As the server is bringing the food to the table they could pass another patron and a hair could fall in for instance.

Have you ever deliberately put a hair, piece of plastic etc. in your food at a restaurant just got get a free meal? I ask because I work in a restaurant and I never know if the customer is telling the truth or not. Sometimes we get people saying there is a hair in their food when the only cook in the kitchen has a completely shaved head, and none of the staff have hair color even close to the hair in the food.

A lot of times, it's the guest's own hair that falls in while they're eating.

A lot of times, it's the guest's own hair that falls in while they're eating.
Exactly. they do not realize it is coming off them and probably honestly think it came from someone else, but do not forget that every person looses a lot of hair every single day.

No I haven't done such a thing. I did have hair in my roll once, it was baked in it. I mentioned it to the waitress and the chef came out and apologized and I got 3 eclairs for free, I didn't ask for anything. It was at a cooking school, which has a restaurant, apparently a student's hair fell in the dough.
LadyCook

I've never done anything like that before...I prefer to support the restaurants that I go to and not rip them off.

I really think you're asking the wrong group here. No, it would never occur to me either.

Yuck! that would never cross my mind!

But as Iron Chef said, it is probably the customer's hair anyway... that inadvertently fell into the food. That does happen.

no.. I wouldn't do that... I'd feel like a creep for days and years later I'd still feel bad about it.

Absolutely Not!! Never!

I did find a nice size piece of glass in some Slaw one time...I showed it to the owner...he was horrified:ohmy:...He could see law suit city:ermm:..He offered to comp the check...I declined. It was not his fault. It came from an outside vendor...Sysco I think.

No, but I've heard of people doing this. I think it's kinda like buying a dress, wearing it, and then returning it the next day for a full refund. Just not the kind of thing I could ever do.

Nope, never have done it. I believe in a thing called karma.... and I believe what you send out comes back to you.

Im sure we have all heard about stuff being in food. Once found a bug in a bottle of pop. Wasn't thrilled but passed it off.

And yeah, there are slobs out there who I am sure would do that (worked in stores as a kid and the stuff people would pull, or at least try to, stressed ones faith in ones fellow beings).

I ain't a saint but think more of myself than to do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom