Semolina bread questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
Suziequzie - Have you ever baked semolina bread? If so is the flour different fro Bob's Red Mill Semolina flour. I got the impression that was just for Pasta.

No I havent...... I go on and off with my bread experamenting...
I bake more in the fall, when I want to be inside. End of winter I'm tired of baking (and fat from it) and spring i gotta go outside!
But thats not a bad idea..... I was gonna grocery shop tomorrow anyway and its supposed to be cool on friday.
I think I just may attempt it, I'll let you know!

I would be interested. DW likes semolina bread. Since I am likink what I bake so much better than store bought, I thought that it would be interesting. A starting point is here 100% Semolina Bread Recipe | Recipezaar It seems to say that I have the right flour. Companu over the weekend - I typically don't experament for company. I have Labrador Retrievers for the things that don't come out well. They don't talk and will usually eat anything.:)

LOL, I have little kids. Bread is bread..... put some butter on it, it's gone!
Ok they didn't like the pumpernickel much.....

Semolina flour is what you get when you mill Durham wheat into flour. Be it Bob's Red Mill or King Arthur or WalMart - all semolina flour is pure durham wheat.

In Italy - by law - dry pasta consists of two ingredients ... semolina flour and water. While there is a variance in how finely it is milled in Italy (depending on it's uses) I believe that it is fairly consistent here in the US and Canada.

Hope this information is of some help.

Back
Top Bottom