Your favorite herbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorites in my garden are marjoram and lavender. But I love them all. Marjoram and lavender are harder to find in the stores than most of the rest.

I also love chervil, but it is very hard to grow, for some reason. Mine just curled up and died last summer. :huh: Gonna try it again this year, tho.

i do not think I have met an herb I do not like, but if I had to pick one I love the most it would be cilantro.

I use flat leaf parsley, thyme and basil on a regular basis. I like having those oregano, rosemary and chive fresh at my disposal. The DW likes cilantro.

We're trying purple basil this year. So far the squirrels love it. :glare: I managed to rescue a sprig and brought it indoors to nurse back to health.

i do not think I have met an herb I do not like, but if I had to pick one I love the most it would be cilantro.

I love Cilantro it has alot of nostolgia for me as I "discovered" it in college in TX where it was incluided in the Mexican and Vietnamese dishes I never had experienced before. I love all the traditional garden herbs but in addition to cilantro I love to have fresh basil around. experimenting with some new ones this year like anise and savory

Just one? I'd say basil is my favorite to plant, but I have a lot of perennials that I don't have to plant anymore - rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, chives, mint, lemon balm; usually parsley re-seeds itself.

I planted purple ruffled basil this year, too, Jeekins. Good luck with yours. The wild critters usually stay out of our yard because of the dog.

Favorite? Basil. I have genovese, lemon, thai, and another started. cant remember the last one......

Oregano, dill, chives (i count it as an herb), thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, mint.

Trying lavender for the first time this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom