Dinner, May 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karenlyn

Senior Cook
Ooh, I'm first again today. Come on, sleepies... you still in bed? ;)

Just kidding. My time zone's just a bit ahead of many of you.

Anyway, dinner tonight is... Indian food! (Can you tell I'm excited?) I'm doing vegetarian. Mattar Paneer (peas with paneer cheese), aloo palak (potatoes with spinach) and basmati rice. I might make naan if I'm feeling ambitious later, but I've gotta be realistic-- chances are that I won't!

I'm awake, sort of, and having my coffee ;)

Not sure what we are having tonight. Friday is an "un-planned dinner" day, meaning it can be leftovers, take away, or what is in the freezer/pantry. Not a lot of leftovers this week, so that leaves the last two. :ermm:

I'll let you all know when I decide...

I saw this at 4:30 am and avoided it!
Upon further thinking, clicking, and coffee drinking, I'll either try the Pork / PIneapple salad I didnt do yesterday, but if I dont get to the store, I'll make a chicken bruchetta recipe I found in Cooking Light a few years ago.

Ooh, I'm first again today. Come on, sleepies... you still in bed? ;)
well it's going on 8 am here where I am and I've not been to bed yet. so, checking to get ideas on what to eat tonight, but for now, sleep awaits me and to me at this moment, that's much more important than the chocolate chip cookie ice cream that I promise to be dreaming about:-p

Well my dinner tonight was zucchini slice, jacket potato with cream cheese, fresh home grown tomatoes, sliced (canned) beetroot and tomato jam. Had a custard apple for dessert but it did nothing for me. Think it may not have been ripe enough but as I have never had one before, not sure what it should have looked/tasted like! Anyway, abandoned that and am contemplating either a mandarin or a pear for my dessert-interruptus!

I have another job interview today and have to do the weekly grocery shopping...

I have no clue what to make for dinner. I promised Paul a nice one though. He was very disappointed in the leftovers last night. Poor guy. lol....

I hope I get some ideas from you guys
before I have to dash out the door.

Oh Karen, I wish I was having dinner at your house tonight!!

The boy had a greasy sausage & chips with gravy take-out for dinner. (yuk!)

I am making a pasta-less pasta for dinner! Quorn mince, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, basil and oregano. Served with some freshly grated parmesan cheese!

It's cold and raining today, with yet more snow in the forecast for tonight, so dinner will be homemade chicken noodle soup and half a tuna sandwich.

I decided on a lemon lime marinated chicken dish
and Greek spinach and rice though..that might change to Greek Leek and rice. Depends on which veggies look good at the store.

Changed my mind. It's all *amy*'s fault! She made stromboli last week and it's had me drooling ever since. :)
I'm making up a Stromboli cordon-blueish. yes thats the official name. :)

Changed my mind. It's all *amy*'s fault! She made stromboli last week and it's had me drooling ever since. :)
I'm making up a Stromboli cordon-blueish. yes thats the official name. :)

It's all my fault! :LOL: Yes, saw the stromboli queries today. (Guess someone reads my posts ;).)

Andy M., posted some links in a dinner thread. Take a look at the pics, & you can easily see the diff between stromboli & calzone.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=596730&postcount=5

I made all three - spinach & cheese, antipasti, & chicken cordon blue. Let me know how yours turns out. :)

Last edited:
okay I decided to stop by the store after work and they had ground beef on sale so we are having burgers and baked potatoes. Veg will be what ever is in the freezer ( have not checked yet but I think it is peas & carrots)

breakfast for dinner

think i will made french toast tonight, maybe stuffed french toast,and bacon.

only yogurt for breakfast, and a small frosty from wendys, on shopping trip with gd and babies, hers and one she sits for.

babe:chef::chef::chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom