Dinner, Wednesday May 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Tonight is going to be soy salmon, basically poached in soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger, and anise garnished with green onions. Serving with sugar snap peas and some type of soba noodles.

I was going to make a batch of my sauce today so I usually have spaghetti, but I found a package of wonton skins in the freezer so I may try Jeekins' lasagna.

i made the sunday gravy late sunday night, and much to my surprise, we had it the last two nights. thanks to the folks here who taught me to use milk in my meatballs, to help keep them tender and moist. :chef: i originally put too much breadcrumbs into the ground turkey, and it turned into a solid brick. but i added milk until the consistency was right, and they came out great. i also bought the sausage from a new store which advertises it's "signature sausages" - with or without fennel. the salsicce were fantastic.

anyway, i have a lot of sauce leftover, so i'm hoping to use it to make chicken parm tonight.

I have a hankering for stuffed cabbage & mashed potatoes, & want to try a brie/apple/fig calzone/turnover. Will see how the day unfolds & if I have time to p/u what I need. Or - I may settle for a half of Subway's $5.00 footlong sub.

I have a hankering for stuffed cabbage & mashed potatoes, & want to try a brie/apple/fig calzone/turnover. Will see how the day unfolds & if I have time to p/u what I need. Or - I may settle for a half of Subway's $5.00 footlong sub.

Amy, I don't usually watch Paula Deen, but she was on yesterday and did a wonderful looking stuffed cabbage on the grill. Made me want some too, but no one else here would eat it.

Amy, I don't usually watch Paula Deen, but she was on yesterday and did a wonderful looking stuffed cabbage on the grill. Made me want some too, but no one else here would eat it.

Same here, Laurie. Stuffed cabbage on the grill sounds pretty interesting. Will have to check it out just out of curiosity. I love stuffed cabbage. Grew up w my Hungarian grandma's version - but didn't save her recipe :( Would love some homemade borscht & sour cream with that. ;) I'll settle for beets on the side though.

Ooh, I love Paula Deen. Though just watching her show makes my thighs expand, I think. Definitely not for the diet (or thigh) conscious.

I was going to do a shrimp stir fry, but I'm just NOT up to cleaning a bunch of shimps tonight. Plus, I'm out of ginger and dont want to go to the store. So I'm doing an easy bacon and fava bean risotto with a salad. Sounds better than stir fry to me, anyway... creamy comfort food.

Got the best meal lined up. I have a meeting tonight but before it we are going to a small bar/grill know for their outrageously delicious and juicy hamburgers and homemade onion rings, and someone else is paying for it! Now that's a great meal!

Joe

Well we have had a lovely warm day here - sun shining, T shirts on and getting sweaty. So I decided on a summery meal. I made some small meatballs and cooked them in the oven. Blanched shaved carrots and peas and mixed the lot with taglitelle and pesto - it was wonderful.

Got the best meal lined up. I have a meeting tonight but before it we are going to a small bar/grill know for their outrageously delicious and juicy hamburgers and homemade onion rings, and someone else is paying for it! Now that's a great meal!

Joe

Joe, that reminds me of a little bar and grill near where I used to live. They had a mushroom burger that was incredible. A huge juicy patty on a kaiser roll with red onion and all the trimings. It was served open faced and they would pack perfectly sauted mushrooms into a measuring cup and turn it out onto the pattie. I have tried it myself but the mushrooms always seem to collapse. Apparently the place has changed owners and isn't the same which is a shame.

I used to get a great burger (sort of) in Ohio at a bar called The Shamrock Inn. By Petersberg, in E Palestine (sp) or one of those little towns. The sandwich was called the Shamrock club and it was a triple decker hamburger/club sandwich. They always seemed to layer things so it stayed together reasonably well considering the size, small footprint, but tall. I have a hard time putting lettuce, tomato and mayo on a burger without it falling apart.

Spagetts tonight with meat sauce and Italian sausage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom