ISO - How to top the last one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
OK, here I go again. First another thank you all for the advice on what to make for my out of town company.

The new challenge is this. We are going to a good frineds house for Mother's day. She is a great cook and always puts on a great meal. Usually italian in theme, sometimes a bit German. I always offer to bring something and she always says "Oh! just bring a desert." Before ramping up my interest in cooking that was the usual entenmens. Now I can / have done better.

I made Chocolate Creme Brulee for my first outing. Brought the house down. I made 15 servings, she impounded 5 for her fridge.

Next shot Cherries Jubilee - fell flat on my face, coulden't get it to flambe to save my soud. I thought about gasoline, but, I thought it might affect the flavor.

Last outing - with the help of this site, I made the Raspberry Lemon Cheese cake bars. Back on top - She impounded half the pan.

She and her friends are really good people and since DW and I are from out of town kind of like family. I need a desert to rock the house again. I was looking at the chocolate peanut butter thing yesterday. I would want to do it with real whipped cream and cooked chocolate pudding, if I can. BTW her two favorite things are chocolate and peanut butter, I knew I liked her.

Any opinions on whether that recipie would work as I would like to change it, or any other mind blowing ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank You - AC

This is just off the top of my head... how does this sound for peanut butter and chocolate..

How about a Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream bomb..

Make peanut butter flavored ice cream(heavy cream, milk, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla)... Before it's frozen solid, pour fudge sauce into it and stir so it makes ribbons of fudge in the ice cream. freeze so it's solid in some type of mold..a Bundt cake pan would work..

Melt some chocolate down, remove the ice cream from the mold, pour the chocolate over the frozen ice cream, sprinkle with nuts and re-freeze.

Decorate with whipped cream.

To serve slice, slice into wedges.. Drizzle with hot fudge..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom