Summer garden recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
if you're growing a garden, please, share your recipes with us! tomatoes, squash, scallions, let's hear what you plan to cook with them!

grill them grill them grill them!
I LOVE grilled veggies, especially the overly abundant zukes! I eat them grilled every other day just to use them, that's what I have for lunch.
Salads of course, going to try canning my tomatoes this year.

We grill them a lot, too. Sometimes we eat them as a side to grilled meat, sometimes on a green salad, sometimes I make a couscous salad with grilled peppers, onions, zucchini and vinaigrette.

Also, last summer, we had caprese salads about every other day - sliced tomatoes with sliced fresh mozzarella and basil leaves, drizzled with red wine or balsamic vinegar and EVOO, sprinkled with salt and pepper. I also make lots of pesto and then make bruschetta - toasted sliced Italian bread, rubbed with a cut garlic clove, spread with pesto, and topped with chopped roma tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese. Or mix the pesto with short pasta like rotini or farfalle and top with Parmesan cheese and chopped tomato.

This summer, I'm going to try grilling pizza, so some of the veggies will go on that. I also make homemade salsa with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and cilantro. I have a great recipe by Bobby Flay for avocado-tomatillo salsa that tastes great with grilled chicken or as a dip for tortilla chips.

Yum this thread has me thinking I need to go to the store for a few zukes and eggplant, grill 'em and try Jeek's lasagna!

Tomatoes (all varieties) are first served as is, usually in salads or on plates with olive oil and sea salt. The romas will be canned for sauce in the winter. The yellow pear shaped will be sun dried. Beefsteak reds will also be picked, green, for fried green tomatoes.

The zucchini is either stuffed, grilled, diced for sauce, or grated for breads.

The eggplant is used for grilling, frying, moussakka, and stuffing.

The peppers will be used for stuffing, grilling, roasting, and eating raw.

The arugula will be used for salads, pasta, and sandwiches.

The herbs will be picked and picked and picked and picked....

spinach is the vegetable of the week/month:mrgreen:

big hits have been spinach pizza, spinach soup and creamed spinach. With a few rounds of carrot soup thrown in..:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom