What side dish will go with Pork Tenderloin with berry reduction sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

regiswyatt

Assistant Cook
The appetizer will be japanese rice noodle salad with fried shrimp.
We are trying "deep fried" spinach and need another side that will pair with the sweetness of the berry reduction sauce for the pork tenderloin?

Any suggestions
Thanks
regiswyatt:chef:

a gratin of root veg such as potato parsnip celeriac (celery root) and shallot or leek (cream butter and cheese such as parmesan and gruiyer)

I first thought of spiced rice - while it cooks add some whole cinnamon sticks and whole cloves (be sure to count so you can get the same number out before serving). You caramelize some onions first, brown the raw rice, add the chicken stock and spices, cook according to directions.

BUT, you are already having rice in your appetizer dish.

What about roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots?

You might want to consider changing the sauce for the pork. The progression of flavors in that menu doesn't sound appealing. I would suggest either going with Asian flavors for the main course, or changing the salad to something more contemporary American. If you want to stick with the first course, try this sauce with the pork instead:

Miso-Lime Beurre Blanc

3 Shallots, minced
2 Tbsp. Ginger, finely chopped
3/4 c. Dry White Wine2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
White Miso Paste, to taste
1 c. Heavy Cream
3/4 # Unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1" cubes
Kosher Salt to taste

Method:

In a medium saucepan, combine the shallots, ginger, lime juice, and white wine. Bring to a boil, then simmer and reduce until approximately 1-2 Tbsp. of liquid remains. Add the cream and soy sauce, and gently reduce by 3/4. Whisk in the butter, a few cubes at a time until it is all incorporated, the strain and discard the solids. Whisk in the miso paste, season to taste with salt and keep warm.

Last edited:
thanks - great idea

Since we really want to serve the salad - thanks for the miso sauce idea and recipe- we will definitely try it.:)

thanks also for the side ideas

We had thought about brussel sprouts - so nice you agree.

We have never served leeks ourselves but again another good idea - now we will find a recipe.

thanks to all:)

I think Vera's idea about the sweet potato hash is a good one. I'd add some diced apple to the mix for sweetness.
Or bake the sweet potatoes, cut into halves, and serve simply with a dollup of butter on top.

Back
Top Bottom