Gold Diggers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I caught myself doing this last night while munching on a bag of chips and realized that I do this with many of my favorite foods.

For instance.... when I am eating a bag of seasoned chips, I find myself looking for the chips with the most seasoning on them.

Or, eating pesto and pasta, I find myself looking for that one noodle with all the pesto stuck to it.

Or with a rib-eye, that one sliver of meat that is always the most tender.

Popcorn, look for that one piece of popcorn that is so fluffy and buttery!

Who else does this and with what foods? I'm curious!!!

I'll include folded potato chips and I will also include that popcorn kernel in the bottom of the bowl that has started to open but has not popped yet - it's crunchy and perfect. I also like slightly burnt popcorn so I will hunt those kernels out too :rolleyes:

I will also include that popcorn kernel in the bottom of the bowl that has started to open but has not popped yet - it's crunchy and perfect. I also like slightly burnt popcorn so I will hunt those kernels out too :rolleyes:

NO WAY!!!! I thought I was the only one that liked cajun popcorn! (I call slightly burned cajun popcorn!) I too like the half popped kernels!

Count me in for all of those too. The folded potato chip is a great one. Even better is when two or three are folded together.

when I make pasta w/ pesto, after tossing it all together, there's always the clump of cheese on the tossing utensil. I don't share it, I eat it!
Cajun popcorn, I like that. :)
Oh, and of course as the chef I get the piece of chicken w/ the most crispy yummy skin on it.

NO WAY!!!! I thought I was the only one that liked cajun popcorn! (I call slightly burned cajun popcorn!) I too like the half popped kernels!

cajun popcorn :LOL:

Andy M has the technique down perfectly!

We used to take our folded potato chips, or one with a bubble in it, and tip into our coke and drink the coke out of it - the sweet/salty was a pure treat!

I forgot about the crispy edges on stuff..... or the crispy skin on chicken. Another one I thought of is those lemon bars with the crumblies on top, I always try to get the one with the most crumblies.

OH, OH, OH, I always go for the "oysters" on the back bone of a chicken or turkey - those off a smoked turkey are the BEST!!!!! I never make a big deal out of it either - don't want too many people to know about them :angel:

OH, OH, OH, I always go for the "oysters" on the back bone of a chicken or turkey - those off a smoked turkey are the BEST!!!!! I never make a big deal out of it either - don't want too many people to know about them :angel:

LOL....sneaky one are ya??? I will have to remember that!

It's human nature to want to grab the best of everything we see before anyone else lol

Don't talk about chips :( lol I'm trying to stay away.. I put on at least 20 lbs since last summer from working in an office and its still here...

Me too! I'm the only one who cares so that's not even an issue.

When we do a roast, i like to sprinkle some fresh herbs on top. I try n grab the one with most green, looks nicer lol

I also try n get the first and last slice of bread, the ones that have a 'normal' side and a 'closed' side. These sides taste better when toasted!

When having samosas, mum makes them with 'crinkles' at the bottom so the pastry is nice n crunchy, i try to get the one with most crinkles too, lol

Same goes for home made truffles -i always pick the big ones up

And i like to get the smallest gulab jamun! i always always do this! Always. theyre quite hard to cook right, and almost everytime they are not cooked the whole way thru. But usually the little ones are okay, yummy and moist and juicy all soaked up in orange flavoured sugar syrup!

Im quite greedy now that i think about it, LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom