Sunday Dinner 1 June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Growing up, we always had Sunday dinner at 2pm. My grandparents usually visited, bringing pastries for dessert.
Once I had my own kids, we ate a bit later on Sunday. My exhusband never understood the early dinner time, either. I'm always nostalgic for it...

Today, it's dinner at 2, like it used to be. (then off to the train station so Lou can get back to Philly:()

Rigatoni with meatballs and sausage, with big dollops of ricotta cheese.
Tossed salad with oil and vinegar
Garlic bread
More of the chocolate roll with the raspberries and cream cheese mousse.

Growing up, we always had Sunday dinner at 2pm. My grandparents usually visited, bringing pastries for dessert.
Once I had my own kids, we ate a bit later on Sunday. My exhusband never understood the early dinner time, either. I'm always nostalgic for it...

Today, it's dinner at 2, like it used to be. (then off to the train station so Lou can get back to Philly:()

Rigatoni with meatballs and sausage, with big dollops of ricotta cheese.
Tossed salad with oil and vinegar
Garlic bread
More of the chocolate roll with the raspberries and cream cheese mousse.

I'll be there at 1:30. Can I bring the wine? :LOL:

Joe

just turned on the computer to see what's for dinner tonight and didn't see your post. thanks for starting [now that my eyes are working].

it'll be who knows what for me. too early to think about eating after babysitting little guy last night and now sleeping due to their darling bulldog snoring in my ear all night and still:neutral:

Going to my niece's graduation party. I believe salmon to be on the menu but don't know what else. It's beautiful day here and I am looking forward to being with the family.

london broil .. grilled red potatoes ...
corn on the cob .. pasta salad ...
maybe some ice cream ..

Meat loaf, roasted red potatoes( Evoo, rosemary, sea salt) , roasted Cauliflower(Evoo, sea salt, pepper topped with parmesan cheese), , cole slaw. Dessert is Ice Cream.

Last edited:
I want to go to Katie E's, I've never had chicken fried steak! Not a real big seller up here. :)

I have a little slab of country style pork ribs. So, rubbed them down with Herbes de Provence, in the oven with little new poratoes, on a bed of thick cut vidallia onion, OO, S&P. I'll try ( note the word try!:LOL:) to make a sauce with Marsala and cream.

Popcorn.
It used to be Sunday dinner, until DH started working nights and has to be asleep by 3pm on Sundays. :( Hopefully he will get a new job soon and I can quit my weekend one, and we can go back to normal!

I just put a huge (5 lb) beef roast in the oven and I'll toss in some potatoes to bake later on. It will be a late dinner tonight.

Simple and easy since I have spent all day working in the yard, but it will be worth it once it is done! ( I have to keep telling my self that ) :)

We had steak fajitas on the grill, with grilled peppers, guacamole, all the fixings and strawberry shortcakes for dessert. Oh, I made sangria too. Muy bien!

We had steak fajitas on the grill, with grilled peppers, guacamole, all the fixings and strawberry shortcakes for dessert. Oh, I made sangria too. Muy bien!

But you didn't have them with my Baja view...

SanAntoniodelMar.jpg

Sorry - I couldn't resist...

:rolleyes:

i ended up eating a left over chicken thigh and a tangelo."how old lady lives by herself dinner"lol

made cake mix choco cookies and had two of those. so far that is it.

don't know what is the matter with me, but nothing seems to entice me. oh well, it will pass.

babe

I roasted a chicken with potatoes, corn on the cob, a green salad with raspberry vinaigrette and angel food cake with mixed berries.

Everybody's dinner sounds more interesting than ours. We had roasted chicken with ranchero sauce and a mixed green salad. But we did have warm brownies with home made vanilla ice cream on top for dessert. Yum.

Im about to make some salsa verde to go with the bollito misto simmering away on the stove at home. We are into the 2nd day of winter officially so its that kind of food for us right now!
Love bollito as I can use the broth for a soup and/or a risotto tomorrow. Nothing gets wasted and I like that. :)
Dessert will most likely be some rhubarb crumble left over from 2 days ago. Cant waste it! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom