Drool. Hi there. My name's Carolyn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satsuma

Assistant Cook
Hi All!

I've been lurking for a little while now, but I feel it is the time to introduce myself proper-like. My name's Carolyn, and I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada with my boyfriend and our bearded dragon, Boba Fett. I have a bath & body business in its 4th year that keeps me very busy and very happy.

I like shiny things, snowboarding on my bum (one of these days I WILL stand!), and lakes with toe-nibbling fish. I'm into pottery, taking pictures (mine are horrible, really, and my sister is a pro photographer - HOW did that happen, again?), cooking about twice a month, and eating. Yep, I'm really into the eating.

In my short time here I have learned OODLES and OODLES. Thank you all so so much for your generosity with your knowledge and ideas. I can't believe how freely many of you give out your finely-tuned-made-of-your-own-sweat-and-tears recipes, and I hope that I'll be as helpful to you as you have been to me.

Some interesting things that I know about:

1. Stained glass. I worked as a pro glass artisan for 8 years, and made the windows for the Vatican Embassy in Canada. If there's anything you want to know about stained glass, I'd be happy to help.

2. Painting walls. Yep, it's pretty straightforward, but if you've never painted a wall, I'm your girl. We're talking advice here, I'm not coming to your house with a roller and brush. :-p

3. Vegetarian cooking. I've been vegetarian since I was 12, so although I'm not the best cook, I do have some good recipes floating around. Be forewarned, though, they all contain copious amounts of cheese
twisted.gif
. So if you're looking for low fat options, um, sorry!

G'day to ya all! And thanks again!

Carolyn

Welcome to DC! I was just eye-ballin my walls... thinking about painting. May have to hit ya up!

LOL, I'm here for ya, sattie!
First tip, don't get the cheap paint. You'll end up doing 3 coats instead of just 2.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Carolyn - nice to meet you! Between the bath & body stuff, stained glass, painting walls and good veggie cooking - you're my kinda gal. (I do eat meat, but have a true love for good produce)

Welcome to the family!

1. Stained glass. I worked as a pro glass artisan for 8 years, and made the windows for the Vatican Embassy in Canada. If there's anything you want to know about stained glass, I'd be happy to help.

welcome carolyn.

lol, did you ever make a stained glass with the pope wearing a furry tuque?

Welcome to DC. The only requirement to be here is to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, freindly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerfull, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. And you ahve to be a Redwing's Fan.;)

Bet you can't tell I'm from Michigan.

But seriously, we are all about enjoying each other's company, sharing what we know, and learning as much as we can, especially about all things cooking. Glad to ahve you here with us.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hello and welcome to DC! Thanks to Goodweed for reciting the Boy Scout Moto, and watch out for him and Buckytom, hang with them and Marge will show you her new woodshed!

Back
Top Bottom