Host or Guest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's too bad, Buddy. Cicero isn't the end of the world! :ermm:

I'm more often the host. I love having people over, and besides, it helps me keep the house a little neater.

They have visions of driving thru gang war zones and getting shot at. Truth is it is clean, quiet, and very friendly down here.

Fisher's Mom - I find it hard to believe that you are not a good cook! Of course you are....all of us are better cooks for having been here at DC, and with your generous spirit, you could not help but be a good cook.
That is such a nice thing to say, Karen! Thank you. The truth is I used to be a horrible cook, but I have improved so much in the last year since I came here. I prepared food every day because the kids needed to eat, but it was always simple things and I relied heavily on frozen stuff and boxed stuff. Now I can cook real food that tastes good and is cooked properly. I'm still really lacking in the seasoning department. (I never even had a salt shaker for years. I swear. My grandmother lived with me and my husband for a couple of years in our early marriage and she was on a NO added sodium diet so I just never learned to like salt or have it around.) But I learn something new every day here and maybe one day, I'll be able to contribute to the cooking discussions instead of being the sponge. Heck, I even made a vegetable only dinner last night that was all from scratch! Fresh green beans and asparagus and carrots. Thanks to you folks, the number of things I can make is growing daily!

I have to say that while I am most often the host, especially when it is impromtu, I rarely provide all the food & hootch. My freinds show up with a dish and/or a bottle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom