Dinner Wednesday, June 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight will be pork chops on the grill, warm german potato salad, green beans with tomato sauce and some kind of dessert.

Cool, supposed to get 2-3 inches of rain.
Sounds like a great meatloaf / mashed potato day to me!

it doesn`t really have a name, but it`s strips of chicken marinading in plenty fresh sliced ginger and garlic, Japanese soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil, that I`m going to cook off in the wok.
and serve that with rice thats cooked with Kafir lime, lime juice, galangal, a drop of nam pla, chili flakes and basil.

that's a sort of japanese / thai combo.

hmm, you could call it "bang pu chicken". :chef:

bang pu was the place where the japanese first invaded thailand in '41.

hmm, you could call it "bang pu chicken". :chef:

I think I and my family would be able to appreciate that and the historic significance, however saying "Bang pu" around here is likely to be the subject of misinterpretation more often than not.

Cowpats and Fireworks spring to mind almost instantly:ermm: :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

that's the beauty of it! awww, you're no fun.

we may be going to the circus tonight, so it may be peanuts and popcorn and cotton candy for dinner.

i have to get my ears lowered first, so if we don't get tickets for tonight, i'm going to petition for sushi, which is just up the road from my coiffurist.

Last edited:
The rest of the spanokopita from yesterday. Adding to (stretching the greek salad), and half of the baklava (from yesterday). The Avgolemono soup is gone, but may make some more.

Pea and bacon soup which I made last night but which we didn't eat as DH came home with an overwhelming urge to barbeque something (good thing we have an indoor barbeque as it's freezing here!)

more rain suzi? haven't you had enough?

left over pizza, the mushroom one was the best of the three, and a side of fresh pea pods, probably just sauted in butter

Beef ribs, rubbed with garlic powder, coarse black pepper, cayenne, salt, seared over charcoal with mesquite chunks, then slow cooked in the grill, maybe foil wrapped with braze for the last hour or so. I'll see when we get there.

Bourbon....George T. Stagg
Broiled Red Snapper/Swimps on top
Steamed Broccoli
Potato....
Maybe some scraps from the refrigerator...
Chocolate Ice Cream

We're doing grilled chicken breast , pasta with alfredo sauce and a veg. I hope I still have some asparagus in the fridge, but if not broccoli will do.

It's Wednesday night dinner with friends. We're going to an Indian restaurant tonight, and I've decided to try goat curry. Now that I've said it publicly, I have to follow through ;) Expect a report later tonight.

Last edited:
I finally got around to making Goodweed's chicken marinade he spoke so highly of. Another 1:45 and I'll be good to go. I tasted a little of it and it certainly has a bite, but it's been my experience that you lose a little hotness as it grills..... at least for sauces not marinated into the meat. That's what I'm hoping anyway :huh:
Not sure what else yet. Potatoes of some sort.

just picked up my ribeyes from the super, bakers are in, got yucky toms from the super too so now I'll chuck into the dirt in back yard with rest of their family, sticky rice is done, that'll be for me, and fat carrots on the grill too.
dinner should be pretty good

question, are colors no longer available to us on posting?

Didn't make the Panang last night, and DW is all over me about it right now so I started the chicken for it, LOL. So tonight is chicken Panang.

Back
Top Bottom