Dinner Friday the 13th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Is it bad luck to cook today?
It seems I already screwed up tonight's dinner at the beginning of the week.
I forgot my boys were staying with my parents this weekend, and took out a 6 lb chicken to thaw on tuesday, rather than the 3 pounder. Smart eh?:rolleyes:
So DH, little lego girl and myself will be having a whole lotta beer can chicken and roasted cauliflower.
How's about you? If you're hungry I have plenty of extra. :dry:

I think I might just join you on that one Suzi. DD will be at the hospital for dinner, the border goes out and DH eats at work. Beer can chicken and cauliflower sound delish!

We're stopping at the store on the way home... right now..
fish of some kind sounds good.

What a week, and I'm so glad to see it go..It was way too warm in the beginning, and now that it's nice, I don't want to be at work. (as evidenced by my habitual posting during the day here...:angel:)

We're drinking VeraBluetinis tonight, and quite possibly too many of them, at that.;)

Figs stuffed with garlic and herbed goat cheese
Smoky turkey meatballs with a pineapple and horseradish dipping sauce
New potatoes stuffed with creme fraiche and drizzled with caviar aoili
Comb honey with ricotta salada cheese on wheat toasts
Pretzels - oh how I love those pretzels

After watching some football, I will make some spaghetti with fresh homemade sauce.

DH is away so dinner tonight will be microwave popcorn and a glass (or 2) of red wine.

Same here,

dh has taken the sailboat to TN and won't be back til Sun. eve. This morning I made a roaster pan full of carmel corn with roasted peanuts:cool: Haven't decided on the buzz of choice yet:LOL:

I think I will join you two on the Popcorn for supper. I didn't end up getting to go to a movie last night so I was robbed of my "fix". My home made stuff is better anyway....and cheaper too!

So far, all I know is we are having pork chops because that is what I took out of the freezer, LOL. I have stuffing, and fresh green beans so that is no problem. Just not sure how to cook the pork chops. I was thinking of in a casserole dish with onions and maybe some chopped up pears? I have grapes, maybe cooked with them?

Mav - I like to cook the porkchops like that, but go the apple route, with some apple juice or cider in the bottom.

We had meatball & pasta bake tonight.

Mav - I like to cook the porkchops like that, but go the apple route, with some apple juice or cider in the bottom.

We had meatball & pasta bake tonight.

I usually do that, and lately with sweet potatoes as well, but I have none of either in the house! I do have pears, grapes, oranges, maybe a couple of limes and lemons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom