What's everybody's favourite "cooling-off" food/drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
I mean stuff like popsicles, snowcones, granitas, ice cream, etc. What does everyone eat to chill out?

EAT: watermelon, ice cream, etc.

DRINK: lemonade or sweet iced tea.

ADULT DRINKS: Rum or Bourbon and coke, or cold beer. And that doesn't even bring into the mix the "virgin" fruit drinks I had grown up on in FL - Pena Callida, etc.

I love nothing more than a good glass of water - the sad part my favorite water comes from Tuscany and isn't cheap :rolleyes:

The other thing I enjoy is frozen grapes - just pop some seedless grapes off the stem and put them in a baggie. Pull a couple out and enjoy! These are also good to keep a glass of white wine or Champagne cold!!!

brewed iced tea, unsweetened

chilled WATERMELLON, it's the taste of summer

(and it's actually good for you)

mmmm.... watermelon.... definitely the taste of summer :)

The other thing I enjoy is frozen grapes - just pop some seedless grapes off the stem and put them in a baggie. Pull a couple out and enjoy!

that reminds me... i sometimes like frozen blueberries

Ice cold limonada (lemonade made with limes) or jamaica, which is a tea made with hibiscus flowers. It's bright red and tastes a little like cranberry juice. Very refreshing.

Water, watermelon, snowcones, rootbeer pops.

My summer alcoholic drink will be vodka tonic or gin and tonic.

Food: Cold pasta salads.

Drink: Lemonade, sometimes with a shot of Chambord, and sangria. KE, I love the frozen grapes in wine idea - will definitely start doing that.

food--frozen grapes, chilled watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe.Drink- iced tea , water, iced coffee and orange julius.

My warm weather coctail is a gin and tonic. Second choice is a cold beer.

Non-alcoholic drink = ice water first. After that, iced tea or a carbonated drink.

Can I join you for that ice cold Sam Adams, Andy?

Non -alcoholic.... ice water with a wedge of lemon mushed in it. then lemonade.

Fresh lemonade (as the heat sets on, I'm quickly going thru all the frozen meyer lemon juice I've stocked in my freezer)

Also, I love a super-cold grapefruit, cut up with bits of medjool dates stirred in.

Back
Top Bottom