June 23rd, Monday's dinner plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Those thick really meaty country pork ribs marinating all day with Asian sesame seed dressing, honey mustard, Steens molassas, fresh mint leaves and rosemary from the yard. They'll go on the Foreman and will be grilled. Have cabbage that I'll slice very thin, saute with onions/garlic/salt/pepper/parm cheese/vinegar. Potato salad is in the offing too. < Typical potatoes, deviled egg, mustard, mayo, scant squirt ketchup, onion, celery, sweet pickle juice, salt and pepper. The bread will be Sally Lunns with butter. I got 3 new butter dishes in Taos New Mexico. I'll use a new one for dinner.
Dessert, something lemon, dinner will need light.

What's on your planner board today for your dinner tonight?

A beautiful day.
I think I will grill GotGarlics' Honey ginger chicken from the other day.

Well its been along while since I did proper mid week cooking but circumtances demand it tonight.

Its a gorgeous day so drinks are pomegranite juice with a bit of home made framboise over ice.

Starting with corgette flowers stuffed with cream cheese herbs and garlic, then using the young corgettes themselves in the main, served alongside small baked potatos, and pork chops ith a saue of (I think) redcurrants, port and creme fraiche, but the alternative depending on what I find in the fridge in a minute is armagnac and prunes with the creme fraiche. (I didn't know the weather would be so clement when I planned pork chops for tonight)

Pudding will be pineapple and butterscotch crepes.

Lefse - could you add one more plate ? Your dinner sounds soooooo good - love sauteed cabbage and everything else you are making !!!
lemon too -

Not cooking tonight ! home and going out for wing night ! Been at the lake for a month - having wing withdrawal - :)

aw skip the chicken I'm going to Michigan for wings with Barb!!!!

Tonight, we're having roasted chicken breasts http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/different-technique-roasting-chicken-breasts-47046.html
and some potatoes I roasted along with, plus green beans and sliced fresh mangoes. I made two batches of this dinner - one to take to a friend who is flying back to Bucerias today with his 95 year-old mother, who has decided to move in with him. Because their plane lands so late (5 pm), I though they would need some dinner. Cooler is all packed and ready to take...oh, and some Harvest Cinnamon Rolls. Yum. We just had one (they only get half - how much can a 95 year-old eat, anyway?)

Lefse - could you add one more plate ? Your dinner sounds soooooo good - love sauteed cabbage and everything else you are making !!!
lemon too -
now girl, come on, you know you're always invited to my house, bring the hubster too:)
aw skip the chicken I'm going to Michigan for wings with Barb!!!!
well suzie, you're gonna have to come here:ohmy: cause Barb's on her way:clap:

Just going to do some hotdogs ...
maybe i will wrap them in bacon ..
to tired to do anything else ..

Pan-seared ribeye and peanut-satay mashed potatoes.

Last edited:
Either that soup I made yesterday
or the burgers that I froze the day before that.
It depends on what hubby bear feels like,

it is almost seven pm and i still have no clue. hot again so don't really care much. am getting tired of the pasta salad. maybe just an egg sandwich with bacon no inspiration at all. babe

Last edited:
We're having ham and scalloped potatoes with fresh broccoli...all cooked in one dish. I always cook the ham and potatoes together, so I figured why not the broccoli too?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom