Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Saturday June 28 (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-saturday-june-28-a-47643.html)

LadyCook61 06-28-2008 10:04 AM

Dinner Saturday June 28

Pork chops, baked potatoes, peas. Butterscotch pudding for dessert.

pacanis 06-28-2008 10:58 AM

So far it is grilled chicken thighs (cooked to 180F :wink:). Probably done with Goodweed's marinade again. Maybe some corn on the cob, too..... if I get into the store. I can't wait until it comes in season here and I can get it right down the road.

elaine l 06-28-2008 11:14 AM

Hubby is taking me out to a seafood restaurant. I am looking forward to being waited on.

pdswife 06-28-2008 11:30 AM

Steak with homemade bbq sauce
sliced tomoatoes and cukes
Corn on the cob

Maverick2272 06-28-2008 11:41 AM

Kids are going to a birthday part, so probably left over stew.

homecook 06-28-2008 12:43 PM

Nothing.........actually it's fend for yourself. My ds' graduation party is tomorrow and I'm busy getting things ready for that, it's really too hot to cook anyway.

Barb

Regallion 06-28-2008 12:44 PM

Steak the size of my head!!!

GrillingFool 06-28-2008 01:02 PM

Got two racks of ribs smoking right now.
Just finished making the Red Bliss Tater Salad.
The beans... well, those new Bush's Grilling Beans are pretty good!

Don't know what else will show up for the potluck rib dinner.

And I found my SECRET INGREDIENT on line. Woody's! Woody's! Woody's! Yayyy

suziquzie 06-28-2008 01:04 PM

Saturday, my boys are back from grammas.
It's new lawn tractor day! When it gets here I'm sure we'll be outside playing with it all afternoon (ok he will and I'll get to pick up the sticks and toys in his way) so I'll just grill some hot dogs and I think I have a box of suddenly salad in the cupboard.

LEFSElover 06-28-2008 01:12 PM

girlfriend and I are going to dine somewhere fun.
it's her choice, she's big into Italian as am I.
for her, it's be a famous for gnocchi place.
for me, it'll be anywhere that serves a great spaghetti Bolognese.
my personal favorite!

suziquzie 06-28-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 635893)
So far it is grilled chicken thighs (cooked to 180F :wink:). Probably done with Goodweed's marinade again. Maybe some corn on the cob, too..... if I get into the store. I can't wait until it comes in season here and I can get it right down the road.

LOL pacanis you ALWAYS grill! How much propane do you end up using in a year??
YOu're oven must be brand-spankin' new on the inside!!!! :wink:

Maverick2272 06-28-2008 01:24 PM

The farmers market starts next week, I can't wait for the fresh coffee and corn on the cob!!

luvs 06-28-2008 01:29 PM

probably froeman-grilled chix & pasta with roasted veggies.

Barb L. 06-28-2008 01:42 PM

Tonight will be grilled steak for hubby, catfish for me - baked potatoes and green beans.

buckytom 06-28-2008 03:04 PM

today keeps getting better.

i just talked dw into sushi and sashimi.

yum yum, eat 'em up, little fishies.

sattie 06-28-2008 03:39 PM

Pretty basic for us... but I don't make it much and I always enjoy it. Hubby wants lasagna, probably a salad and crusty garlic bread!

merstar 06-28-2008 04:13 PM

Orange chicken with couscous or rice and green vegetable. Homemade chocolate cake or ice cream for dessert.

DaveSoMD 06-28-2008 04:13 PM

It is Brit-com night... so we are having homemade pizza and salad.

pacanis 06-28-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziquzie (Post 635967)
LOL pacanis you ALWAYS grill! How much propane do you end up using in a year??
YOu're oven must be brand-spankin' new on the inside!!!! :wink:

:lol: If I didn't have an oven I wouldn't miss it. Not with a bread machine.

I think I put on a new bottle every 2-4 weeks...... If I ever get another grill it will be natural gas. Fo sho.

No corn on the cob, so I remembered the sweet corn sauce recipe that started out with roasting corn in the oven..... so yep, I'll be roasting frozen corn on the grill :smile: And I made some cole slaw with a that vinegar based dressing I make all the time.

BT, you must have been the one in college that ate goldfish all the time :lol:
I'll have to try some "real" sushi sometime. I had some 20 tears ago or so, at a hibatchi house in town. I don't count that though as it was just an appetizer and I'm pretty sure I was eating stuff I shouldn't have been..... :ermm:

fahriye 06-28-2008 04:58 PM

I have this electric grill/hot plate which is fantastic to use in doors and out doors with an extension lead. Today I cooked outside as it was a nice day( Well it was a dry day LOL..) I chopped up some onion finely and gently fry them with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Then added 1 clove of crushed garlic, diced green peppers, some mushrooms, fresh chopped parsley and prawns to the hot plate. Seasoned it with soy sauce, little water, salt and chilli pepper. Served it on a bed of boiled rice.