Smiley question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pot clanger

Senior Cook
Can anyone share with me the history of our "smilies"? I have seen them on other sites - are the smiley "collections" (specifically ours) open for submissions or suggestions?

Of course there is a selfish interest here: I would love to have a smilie clanging a pot as my signature.... kind of like the one banging a hammer.

Vanity running rampant here.... my apologies in advance for my inflated ego!

If you can find the smiley you want to use on the net. You can host it on a picture host like photobucket, and link directly to the image in your post.

Like this:

img_636897_0_0738769d951737aead7233d120b79fd3.gif
img_636897_1_e1a89d82aadf68bb5a0ecd2129f88dd8.gif

Last edited:
Can anyone share with me the history of our "smilies"? I have seen them on other sites - are the smiley "collections" (specifically ours) open for submissions or suggestions?

Here is more than you ever wanted to know about the history of the Smiley (and emoticons).

The standard set of smilies/emoticons available for use on DC are a fixed collection which is not open for submissions or suggestions ... however you are free to post emoticons from other sources ... like the excellent "pot clanger" posted by knigh76!

img_636928_0_e1a89d82aadf68bb5a0ecd2129f88dd8.gif

Of course there is a selfish interest here: I would love to have a smilie clanging a pot as my signature.... kind of like the one banging a hammer.

Vanity running rampant here.... my apologies in advance for my inflated ego!

See above .... However - the pot clanger emoticon is in knight's photobucket collection ... I would suggest you copy and move it to a source you control if you want to control how long it is available. Just send me a PM if you need any help.

Last edited:
Pot clanger, let me know when you have this hosted on your own server. I will leave it on my photobucket till then at least.

Google is more interested in getting me to read about DJ Kurd, Ford Maverick, AOL videos and The Maverick that Gave us the World.
But, it is not really a priority right now, just would be neat.

That's an F-16, need an F-14 Tomcat... not sure what the fireman is doing there but the pants on fire is funny.

Well, the "fire in the pants" is hard to see, and the wings are in the wrong position to be flying at Mach-2 - but at least it's a F-14!

img_638900_0_bc9d39e922729d5f2aedfbce71dc29a1.jpg

I wish I could find a copy of the logo one of our squadrons had ... Felix the Cat with flames shooting out his ... er ... afterburner region.

Last edited:
Well, the "fire in the pants" is hard to see, and the wings are in the wrong position to be flying at Mach-2 - but at least it's a F-14!

img_638902_0_bc9d39e922729d5f2aedfbce71dc29a1.jpg

I wish I could find a copy of the logo one of our squadrons had ... Felix the Cat with flames shooting out his ... er ... afterburner region.

:LOL::ROFLMAO: I think I would get censured if I put that up!!

This is gonna sound bad, but I am still scratching my head at the fireman!! The best I can figure is if he puts out the fire.. I will "crash and burn, Mav, crash and burn".
In which case "Slider, sniff sniff, you stink!"

Back
Top Bottom