Jkath would be proud - Guacamole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I made my first guacamole this weekend. Avocados are something I used to hate with a passion. Well we all know that tastes can change and I am so happy that is true. I now love the little green buggers.

I made the guacamole by the seat of my pants. I diced a 3/4 of a small tomato. The tomato itself was pretty flavorless and a bit crunchy so it was there for texture and color more than flavor. I got a pepper that I thought was an ancho, but it had the heat of a jalopeno so I used less of that than I originally planned. I diced one clove of garlic and added that. I took a handful of chives from my garden as well as a handful of cilantro. I put in three small avocados. To this I added the juice of one lime and a sprinkle of Adobo seasoning. I also added a bit of salt.

I could not get enough of the stuff and neither could DW. after one bite she asked me how expensive it was to make because she is going to ask me to make it every day during the summer :)

oh GB, I am soooo proud of you!

And, your recipe doesn't sound like a "seat of your pants" one...more like a seasoned southwesterner!

Ya done good, cowboy!

First guac and then dry beans? You are really outdoing yourself, Geebs!!

:chef:

Ancho peppers are dried and may not be the best choice in guac unless powdered. I usually stick to a fresh green jalepeno or serrano.

Good call on the adobo!!!

I generally sneek a tiny pinch of Goya sazon in, too.

Sorry it was not an ancho then. It was a large fresh dark green (usually) mild pepper. The name is now escaping me.

Sounds like a poblano GB. The recipe sounds great! I sometimes sneak in some cumin too. DH loves a couple shakes of Worcestershire too - me, not so much. I usually roast the poblanos first. Once I get back I'll hunt for my recipe and send it your way. I love collecting guac recipes and then taking my favorite things from them and making my own. :chef:

Chives...never thought of that...I will definitely try that.

jkath - if you read this - I cannot believe I haven't had ANY avocado yet! How VERY unCalifornia of me!!!

Yes poblano, thanks KE!

There is cumin in the adobo mix I used otherwise I absolutely would have added it on its own.

Back
Top Bottom