Just surfed in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
:chef:I just surfed in. This place looks great, so I joined. I am looking forward to sharing cooking tips and recipes.

Sure, as long as you don't call me Miss PattY again.:glare:

I think you may have misunderstood here. Uncle Bob is a wonderfully sweet southern gentlemen from Mississippi. He calls all the ladies Miss. It is not meant to be arrogant, it is meant as an endearment.

Well PattY1, you have just rejected the most endearing and respectful form of address known to humankind. I too am from the South and while I'm not sweet or much of a gentleman I would have been using Miss Patty also, except that it is used for all females by Uncle Bob, a trademark if you will, and out of respect for him I don't use it. So PattY1 will have to do. All the best intended by Uncle Bob and by me.

Well PattY1, you have just rejected the most endearing and respectful form of address known to humankind. I too am from the South and while I'm not sweet or much of a gentleman I would have been using Miss Patty also, except that it is used for all females by Uncle Bob, a trademark if you will, and out of respect for him I don't use it. So PattY1 will have to do. All the best intended by Uncle Bob and by me.

I have not seen one post that would make anyone believe that you are not sweet or a gentlemen. That could go for just about every man on this forum too!

I have not seen one post that would make anyone believe that you are not sweet or a gentlemen. That could go for just about every man on this forum too!

OK, I get you'lls point. The term just makes me uncomfortable. Use if it is what you do, I will survive. Sorry.:)

OK, I get you'lls point. The term just makes me uncomfortable. Use if it is what you do, I will survive. Sorry.:)

That's fine, you made it known that it makes you uncomfortable and that's ok. I just wanted to make sure you understood that it wasn't meant to be arrogant, just his way of addressing a lady as a lot of southern men do. Just like some people get offended with ma'am and that is something all of us down here do, doesn't matter about age, just our respect for woman.:)

Back
Top Bottom