Bubblegum filled candies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I have been making a lot of candy lately. I wanted to try adding bubblegum to the middle of my candies. I have bubbleking bubblegum, the ingredients are sugar, gum base, corn syrup, corn startch, glycerin, artificial flavour and colour, BHT. I was wondering if I could melt the bubblegum in a saucepan, and add my own flavour to it without wrecking the gum. Is this possible? After I do this I will be dipping the gum into candy boiling at 300 degrees to coat it with candy.

I tried melting a few pieces of bubblegum. It lost all it's elasticity. So I just used the pieces the way they were and coated them with the candy.

Shall we still call you Gobo, or Willie Wonka?

I think it's good that you're still playing around with food, and seeing the scientific part come out is great!

Shall we still call you Gobo, or Willie Wonka?

I think it's good that you're still playing around with food, and seeing the scientific part come out is great!

Haha :P. My new nickname that is actually replacing goboenomo is Zzyxk, pronounced Zeek.

It's fun, so I'm gonna keep doing it. I picked up a mold today that makes the shape of Reece peanut butter cups, so I may do the peanut butter balls again in the mold.

Back
Top Bottom