It's goboenomo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Hey all. I've been doing a lot of stuff lately. I finished my first year of college/university. I have decided I'm going to stay in the college end for now, and perhaps look at the university end later. I am taking an online accounting course so I can continue the college course in September.

I have a new job now. I'm working at a pub called Riley's Olde Towne Pub. The food there is great! Everything is made fresh and most is from scratch with no powders or premade things. I'm making more money, working a lot more, and having a much better time. The head chefs I work with have tons of experience and know a lot about food. The pub serves different foods sometimes on different occasions. We had a banquet last Wednesday where we made things that aren't normally on the menu, and were much fancier. Roasted potatoes with a partially scooped inside that was filled with creme fraiche and caviar, caramelized pears with blue cheese and pine nuts, crab cakes, mini pancakes with scallops topped with a red pepper sauce, smoked salmon on a fried tortilla like thing with creme fraiche, pork and beef kebabs, rack of lamb, shrimp kebabs with a spicy sauce, and spanikopita. All finger foods, but it was fun to make. The head chef tried some of the candy I made a few days ago, and he wants to use the recipe I use for candy minus the flavouring to make the candy letters for the next banquet we do, because my candy is clear, all he was doing was heating sugar.

trattrat, I was trying to get a hold of you on yahoo to ask if I was able to melt bubblegum and add my own flavour. It's all good, I figured it out.

There was a bit of a mishap today. It took me a little too long to get all the gum and molds ready, and my sugar burned. But it actually work out in my favour a little. It gave me a chance to bunch up, and experiment rolling and shaping the candy as it was still soft. So next time I think I'll try to shape the candy and cut off pieces. Normally I just smash the whole sheet of candy into jagged pieces.

Thanks jkath, I'll try to get on when I can.

MMm spanikopita... Nick's mother (who is Greek) makes an amazing spanikopita..

*drooling*

I was lucky enough to get to actually make and fold some of them. The head chef showed me how to do it, and told me he never trusts any other people to do his prep, so make sure it's perfect. He was happy with my spanikopita.

Back
Top Bottom