Whatcha eatin', Saturday, July 19th, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like LEFSE, I don't have the faintest idea what to cook for dinner today. We just returned from going out to breakfast with a group of friends: eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, pancakes, red and green chilaquiles, lots of fresh fruit...can't even think about eating anything. let alone cooking it. Later.

buffalo steak, cob corn, & cheese-garlic taters. after i wash my dishes. dagnabbit.

Ugh...it's 249 degrees out, so all I can do is cook.

So far I made my eggplant prototype. I made some chili oil and now my nose keeps running. I just made some brats with onions and beer for lunch. I'm making fresh pasta for ravioli tomorrow.....I'm not sure what's for dinner yet. :ermm:

:LOL:249 degrees, thats funny. I know how you feel!

No idea what's for dinner yet :ohmy:

Nothing like a good curry on a 249 degree day :ermm:

It's still only around 90 here today, with no horizon it's so humid, so I'm smoking those country cut ribs on my grill. No sense turning it up any higher than I need to :LOL:

Icy Cold Beer in Frosty Mugs
Fried Catfish in Hot P'Nut Oil.....
Hush (dem) Puppies.....
FF Potatoes...FF Eggplant maybe:ermm:
Slaw
2 Slabs Spare Ribs..(They be ready 'bout 7:30 for a late night snack):rolleyes:
Chocolate Ice Cream.......

I think I can hold down dinner today.... I got thru work ok....
I had some beef we over-cooked on the grill last week in the freezer, its in the crockpot for pulled beef sammies....
I think I'll make some roasted potatoes.
Just almost had a tornado so I'm still full from chewing on my fingernails....

We are grilling salmon marinated in soy-ginger dressing and onions; they will be served with potstickers and a green salad topped with peppers we grilled yesterday and more soy-ginger dressing. Chocolate ice cream for dessert.

either going to smoke some ribs and try a new sauce that i have been
wanting to make ..
or going to try my hand at grilling a pizza ...
need to figure it out soon ..

going with the baby back ribs .. with a caribbean sauce on it ..
and some roasted red potatoes ..
corn on the cob ..

Please post how that works out. I bought some fresh cheese last night and plan on trying to make a pizza on the grill.:chef:

Our dear friends, Bernard and Annita, talked me into coming to their home for tonight's meal. It'll be kind of early for me since they live 30 miles away and I can't drive at night. I'll have to leave their place just before 8 to get home before it gets dark. I'll probably leave here late afternoonish. Wish we lived closer.

They're our bestest friends whom we used to spend time with and cook together, laugh and goof off. I'm bringing a loaf of N.Y. Times bread that I've added roasted garlic and chopped fresh rosemary to. Didn't want to arrive empty handed.

Other than the bread, I don't know what's on the menu. They're both fabulous cooks so I know whatever it is, it'll be good. Mention was made of cheesecake for dessert. I should probably have dessert first in that case.

I have see that mentioned a few times on here. Is the recpie posted? What kind of bread is it?

I am feeling positively uninspired, and not very hungry. I hope my DH never looks at this board and finds out what delicious things you are all having for dinner. We are having a fresh fruit salad - mangoes, cantaloupe, plums, bananas, whatever else I can scrounge from the fridge.

ribs are coming along nicely ...

Still waiting on mine...... The corn and taters went on half an hour ago. As did the sauce on the ribs..... I'm hoping not much longer :)

Thanks, for the NYT bread info, GG. I'll have to try that! :)

The ribs look delicious!!!!!
We had a pizza delivered, because we were really busy all day. It was very tasty.

I have see that mentioned a few times on here. Is the recpie posted? What kind of bread is it?

it's a cinch to do, here is the recipe from the web site that you'll be able to follow instructions. if you need any help, we've mostly all made it in here and are usually very happy with the results. It's really sort of a no fail bread, trick is, you have to have a vessel that is very heavy, with a very heavy also lid, that can take very hot heat, cause you put it in the preheated vessel with lid on then quickly shove it back in the very hot oven. So no wood or plastic nobs as I stupidly learned myself, duh Lefselover...........

I don't know if smoking them for five hours was worth it, but they were tasty :)

Back
Top Bottom