Dinner Thurs. July 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight will be sloppy joes for hubby and grandson, catfish for me, with sweetcorn, sliced tomatoes/onions and cole slaw. Ice cream later if wanted.

Last edited:
Oh good I didn't want to start this 4 days in a row!!!

Grilling a whole chicken, making potato salad (which I should go start), maybe green beans or broccoli, whatever's in the freezer.

very garlicky roast-beast with carrot & taters & vidalia onion. jake wants peas with our roast, too.

Today is Taste of Edmonton day for me. Which means I get to go sample bits of yummies from about 35 different restaurants in our fair city. Ken and I do this every year on our anniversary. Its a lovely little treat. I'll keep track and tell you all what I had tomorrow.

I plan on being gone for the weekend so I need to have 4 meals of leftovers for dh to "cook" in the microwave.

So tonight will be a large amount of pasta, pesto, broccoli and ricotta cheese.

We're having beef tenderloin and shrimp on the grill, fried green tomatoes and potatoes of some sort.

some kind of steak .. DW is picking them up ..
baked potatoes .. and romaine lettuce quartered and
drizzled with olive oil .. then about two mins on the grill ..
yumm ..

STill have some ground sirloin left over from the meatloaf last night (I know, Mav, I should have made more), and everyone is on different shifts, so I have a big pot of homemade marinara, some fresh made meatballs swimming in it and I parcooked some linguini and tossed it in oil. Everyone just has to put their noodles in the pot of boiling water for a minute, drain, cover in sauce and grab some Caesar salad! No garlic bread though, I cleaned my oven and it isn't ready to go yet.

We had calved liver with turkey bacon, mashed potatoes, corn and cucumbers and sour cream.

I did the BBQ chicken I was talking about in another thread. Brought home some fried chicken from Jewel, brushed it with BBQ sauce from Clay's Popeye's BBQ in Springfield, IL. Then put it in a casserole dish, covered with foil, then baked at 350F for 10 minutes. Took it out, removed the foil, then put back in for another 5 minutes before removing and serving. These are the before and after pictures. Yum! Since the chicken is already cooked, you are just trying to thicken the sauce up and bake it into the skin, notice it turns from a brighter red to a much darker red.

Attachments

• DSCF2044.jpg
    DSCF2044.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF2046.jpg
    DSCF2046.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 148
Pacanis,
It was good, just a little salty but good! The BBQ sauce is from Clay's Popeye's in Springfield, IL. We went camping in Galesburg last week so we took a trip down to Springfield to visit Guy Sternberg and his forest there then zipped into town for some BBQ, some of the best I have found in the area!
Babe,
Can I have the other half of the cantaloupe? LOL we had some last night that was just right and disappeared in seconds, I could go for more! Uh, but the rest of it doesn't sound very healthy there...

Tonight I made a mega salad with red leaf lettuce, chunk white tuna, chickpeas, tomatoes, extra sharp cheddar, red onion, hard boiled eggs, etc. with a balsamic vinaigrette. French baguette on the side.

Back
Top Bottom