Coffee Pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I woke up thiis morning at 6:00 to no coffee! The coffee pot I filled and programmed last night had died in mid-process, leaving me a tablespoon of coffee in the carafe!

Around 9:00 I ran out to BB&B (20% off coupon in my pocket) and bought the Cuisinart DCC2000. It doesn't have a separate carafe. It dispenses coffee one cup at a time.

I brewed a small quantity according to instrucitons. It was nice and hot but too weak for my tastes. Gonna have to use more coffee per cup!

No, it doesn't come with those two red cups.

That's the one we use at work, but would never work for us at home. We literally have one cup at a time. So we use the Tassimo and LOVE it!! When BF and I moved in together a few years back, we each had one so we put one on each floor;). All-in-all, our families together have 8 Tassimos that I know of because once you use one you buy one!

The Cuisinart you got is very nice. Our work one finally up and quit but we liked it enough that we replaced it with the same model. I've actually recommended it to several people myself. Good choice!

We used to have something similar to that, but it developed a problem at the dispenser's gasket and it leaked. Hope yours doesn't do the same. We ended up getting rid of it and replaced it with a coffee maker that brews directly into a thermal carafe.

We had a Cuisinart Grind n Brew that was such a piece of junk it drove us back to making it ourselves w/ the Melita drip cone. I don't think I'll ever stray again.

We just have a plain old Mr. coffee drip machine and it works just fine.
My GF and I go through a whole pot every morning. The only complaint that I have about the machine is that the coffee isn't hot enough for me. I always nuke my cup for 30 seconds or so.

We had a Cuisinart Grind n Brew that was such a piece of junk it drove us back to making it ourselves w/ the Melita drip cone. I don't think I'll ever stray again.

Yup, don't you just love it when it brews the coffee all over the counter...a real nice wake up at 6am! Went back to my family's tradition and got a Chemex filter pot. No it's not automatic which is why it brews perfect coffee in the pot every time.

We just have a plain old Mr. coffee drip machine and it works just fine.
My GF and I go through a whole pot every morning. The only complaint that I have about the machine is that the coffee isn't hot enough for me. I always nuke my cup for 30 seconds or so.

I used an Old As Dirt coffee maker for the longest time. Only had one button: on/off. Made the perfect coffee, but wasn't the most modern looking piece of kitchen equipment. Everytime the subject of coffee came up in a conversation, all I did was brag about this thing. The DW hated it though. Guess what I....."We" finally got for Christmas one year...some modern Cuisinart thingy with all these buttons and junk. I was truly upset. :cry:

I took Ye Old Faithful to work where it still performs up to it's duty to this day.

My favorite coffee is Campfire brew.. next... stove top percolator, then a Mr. Coffee...CU currently likes two Black & Decker models...No not Cordless drills...Coffee makers!

I've used the cup-at-a-time brewers with the same result as you, Andy. The coffee was too weak. I have a commercial Bunn Pour-O-Matic now that I wouldn't part with for the world. Right next to it stands a Bunn commercial coffee grinder, that is my second favorite appliance.

We have had a Keurig single cup for almost 2 years. It has 3 choices for amount of water, so you can make it the way you want. We really do like it and gave another as a gift about a year ago.

I am a french press, fresh ground kind of guy. I can make a pot in about the time it takes to get breakfast going. If I were you, Andy, I would get one of these for emergencies. I cannot imagine going shopping at 9:00 without first having a cup of coffee.

I too use a French Press. Not only does it make outstanding coffee, but no parts to break unless I drop it on the floor. It's small enough to put into a cupboard. The only problem with using the FP for emergencies when your electric pot breaks, is that the FP requires coffee to be course ground instead of drip ground.

What a disaster! I would have chewed on coffee grinds if that would happen to me. It's either that or I go MAD!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom