ISO Name for Mozzarella, Tomato, Oregano Salad, heated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I've been having a craving for an old family favorite, Sliced tomato topped with slice of Mozzarella cheese, drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with Oregano and broiled until cheese melts. I don't know what it is called but that is what we would eat as a snack and sometimes as a appetizer .

I've been having a craving for an old family favorite, Sliced tomato with slice of Mozzarella cheese, drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with Oregano and broiled until cheese melts. I don't know what it is called but that is what we would eat as a snack and sometimes as a appetizer .

that sounds wonderful but just a tiny bit of oregano for me, please.

babe:chef:

Elsie - it is very much a Caprese Salad with oregano switched for basil, then heated. Sounds like your mom knew how to "kick it up a notch" :LOL:

Elsie - it is very much a Caprese Salad with oregano switched for basil, then heated. Sounds like your mom knew how to "kick it up a notch" :LOL:

hmm I saw a photo of Caprese Salad , she didn't make it like that, she made it as I described. I guess it could be called Mom's version of Caprese Salad. ;)

Back
Top Bottom