Can I pressure can pickled banana peppers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcfsjf

Assistant Cook
are there any recipes on how to pressure can pickled banana peppers. All that I have found is water bath recipes. Was wanting to pressure can pickled peppers and hot peppers at the same time in the pressure canner. Any help would be grateful. thanks bill

There is a good reason why the experts only have Boiling Water Canner recipes for your pickled banana peppers. TRUST THEM! Pickling solutions are not designed for pressure canning and could foam or cause other problems, including turning your peppers to mush.

Why aren't you pickling your other hot peppers too?

Thanks for the info. I think I will pickle the hot peppers also. Thanks for the quick reply, bill

Pickled Hot Peppers

4 quarts Fresh hot peppers
2 tablespoons Prepared horseradish
2 Cloves garlic, whole
10 cups White vinegar
1 1/2 cups Pickling salt
1/4 cup Honey
4 quarts water -- plus 2 cups

Cut two small slits in each pepper. You may want to wear gloves to prevent burning hands. Dissolve salt in 4 quarts water. Pour over peppers and let stand 12 to 18 hours in a cool place. Drain, rinse and drain thoroughly.

Combine 2 cups water and all remaining ingredients excpet honey; simmer 15 minutes, then add honey. Remove garlic. Pack peppers into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Pour boiling hot pickling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process half-pints and pints 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

Yield: "8 pints"

What do you use pickled hot peppers for? I'm debating on whether or not I would use mine if I pickled them.

Back
Top Bottom