What's Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
This is a no subject matter thread. Post whatever's on your mind.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. It's still bright and warm over here on the left coast.
I'm throwing something on the grill later on and will be watching the Olympics along with another couple. Ciao for now...
:)

not doing much here. still nursing my cold, sore throat etc. major bummer in the summer time to be sick.

got a movie to watch The Good Shepard. tried to watch it once before and the power went out for an hour. didn't get back to it.

why don't some of you guys come over and make me something tempting to eat? :)

The lawn "lady" came by about 3 hours ago to do the weed whacking/mowing/tree trimming, etc. She's become a friend and we had a nice chat since I was on the front porch and was having a melt down missing Buck.

Edwinna, the yard lady, was so sweet and allowed me to be "me" and cry like a baby.

I've spent the last hour or so trimming various limbs/branches and other assorted in-the-way things. I love being outside and this purging of the trees was a good thing. I swept and cleaned the brick walkway up to the house. Sure needed it.

As for the rest of the evening, I have to come up with my dinner. Should be pretty easy since I made WAY too much last night and put some of it in the refrigerator. Time to microwave.

Wish Buck was here.

Bet it was really hot in Escon. It'll take us almost 3 hours to get down there so let's save this for another time.
The Good Shephard was a good film. Enjoy.

sticky sticky today, i mostly slept with fan and air cond. on me. hope i can sleep tonight.

had scallops and shrimps for a meal, and couldn't even think about it. so froze it. don't you feel sorry for me?

babe:cool:

sticky sticky today, i mostly slept with fan and air cond. on me. hope i can sleep tonight.

had scallops and shrimps for a meal, and couldn't even think about it. so froze it. don't you feel sorry for me?

babe:cool:

Yes, it's been a bit too sticky for SoCal standards. It's been a while since I've been down to Escon. Last time I drove through there was last fall when I did a bike ride (bicycle) with some friends from Valley Center up Mt Palomar, down to Lake Henshaw, up Mesa Grande, and to Julian for PIE. We'll do that again when the temps cool down a bit.

sitting at work, waiting to start my day, thinking, "I'm way too tired to do this", but must. dh is on the lake with the boat and I'm at work, somehow, that's just wrong:(

Haha Babe, need some tissue?!

I'm happily lying in bed getting ready to sleep for at least 9 hours. A weekend full of late night shenanigans deprived me of my sleep!

Took a 5 mile walk with the whole fandamily this morning, now DH and DD are sleeping.
About to figure out dinner and sun myself for a bit before I fire up the grill.

Firing up the grill after a nice long walk sounds like a great idea. We did that last night, less walking.
I don't understand why I'm the only one who likes my meat med to med rare while the rest of my household like their's charred and well done. What a waste of good meat.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I just noticed that there is no subforum for vegetarians. I'm not a vegan but I thought it was kind of odd not to have a vegetarian subforum for a site this big. I assume there must be a large number of vegetarians here on the board.

Back
Top Bottom