Summer on a Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Here's my version whether it's breakfast, lunch, or supper - this was my breakfast!! What's your version of Summer on a Plate?

img_664152_0_a4a20f8bf108fc312b54b10677a69b00.jpg

Summer on a plate for me is sweet corn and a tomato and cheese sandwich followed by watermelon. Yum! Now I'll have to go to the farmer's market and pick up the ingredients!

fresh corn tomatoes beans watermellon etc... summer, one of my four favorite seasons of the year!

When we had a real vegetable garden, summer on a plate was sliced beefsteak tomato still warm from the sun sprinkled with salt, pepper and red wine vinegar.

Oh man that looks good KE. Put a little basil in there or even some oregano. Mmmmmm

That's certainly the updated version!!!! For lunch (around 2:00) it will be with basil! :pig: :ohmy: I just remembererd I have some mozzarella wrapped proscuitto - oh boy - it's a panini for me at 2:00!!!!! Pic will follow :LOL:

I will make a vinaigrette out of all my herbs and marinate the tomatoes in that and sweet onions (Maui or any other) - remove from marinade then proceed with said sandwich - that's another updated version.

That's certainly the updated version!!!! For lunch (around 2:00) it will be with basil! :pig: :ohmy: I just remembererd I have some mozzarella wrapped proscuitto - oh boy - it's a panini for me at 2:00!!!!! Pic will follow :LOL:

I will make a vinaigrette out of all my herbs and marinate the tomatoes in that and sweet onions (Maui or any other) - remove from marinade then proceed with said sandwich - that's another updated version.

Please stop now. I have been wandering around the kitchen and pantry looking for something to eat for lunch later. No luck. You're not helping.

Summer on a plate for me includes fresh tomato, with a touch of salt, fresh cucumber slices, cold of course, sweet-ripe cantelope, watermellon, blueberries, wild raspberries, and brook trout, pan fried of course. Oh, and don't forget the corn-on-the-cob, fresh from the fire.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Summer on a plate for me includes fresh tomato, with a touch of salt, fresh cucumber slices, cold of course, sweet-ripe cantelope, watermellon, blueberries, wild raspberries, and brook trout, pan fried of course. Oh, and don't forget the corn-on-the-cob, fresh from the fire.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

That looks like the perfect summer meal to me, especially the brook trout. Haven't had any for years.

Summer definitely speaks of tomatoes, especially when paired with other bright flavors. This is tomato trio I did from last summer.

(L to R)

Vine Ripened Tomato Gazpacho with a Sourdough Crouton
Marinated Heirloom Tomato and Dungeness Crab Salad
Chilled Tomato Consomme with Spanish Olive Oil

Summer definitely speaks of tomatoes, especially when paired with other bright flavors. This is tomato trio I did from last summer.

(L to R)

Vine Ripened Tomato Gazpacho with a Sourdough Crouton
Marinated Heirloom Tomato and Dungeness Crab Salad
Chilled Tomato Consomme with Spanish Olive Oil

I remember when you posted this one last year. I think this was one of my favorites that I have seen you post. It couldn't have anything to do with there not being any spit...I mean foam on the dish.

Back
Top Bottom