Sunday Dinner, August 24th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After MUCH turmoil I am making a pot of soup using some fresh veggies:

onions
carrots
celery
tomatoes
zucchini
yellow squash
cabbage
kale
corn off the cob

basil
flat parsley
salt and pepper
a tad of sugar always brings out the taste of the veggies

I am adding some kielbasa for that smoke flavor I like in it.

For the broth I am using the stock I made from the smoked chickens and then adding some vegetable broth to top it off.

Grilled boneless porkchops, scalloped potaotes, and tomatoes and basil from the garden with fresh mozarella and crusty bread.

well last night I had a turkey breast on the grill..... but it took too long and we ended up at Taco Bell for dinner.
So tonight we had grilled turkey, rice pilaf w/ jasmine rice my mom's friend brought while visiting from Louisiana last week, and steamed broccoli.

After MUCH turmoil I am making a pot of soup using some fresh veggies:

onions
carrots
celery
tomatoes
zucchini
yellow squash
cabbage
kale
corn off the cob

basil
flat parsley
salt and pepper
a tad of sugar always brings out the taste of the veggies

I am adding some kielbasa for that smoke flavor I like in it.

For the broth I am using the stock I made from the smoked chickens and then adding some vegetable broth to top it off.

Sounds perfectly wonderful to me!

Penne with roasted red onions, garlic, peppers, etc., with a green salad.

Sounds perfectly wonderful to me!

Thanks pds - I wish I could share it with you. Forgot to add I threw in a Parmesan rind I had in the freezer and then at the end added just a bit of acini di pepe.

I'm having a little taste now and I love it because everything is still fresh and not mushy!

What does the rind do... does it melt...do you just use it for flavor and then remove??

Just cleaning out the fridge and fending for ourselves...left over mashed taters mixed with cottage cheese and bacon.

pds and luvs - yes, the rind melts and there is no need to remove anything because nothing is left. The rind is nothing more than the outside that has dried out a little bit. It provides some great flavor and some salty goodness! :chef:

Saltly chicken noodle soup with lots of veggies.. Sounding better every
time I read the recipe.

opps... I've been reading recipes for the last few hours...and adding to yours! lololol

:LOL::LOL: I went to look - made sure there was no chicken in there! ;) You can always add chicken - it is just "cooking" and not "rocket science" :rolleyes:

Here is my "taste" - and there is a bit of the very outside left that isn't melting. Not a very good picture - I guess I moved.

img_671099_0_7834bc6d7ef526832dd1c77337a7d933.jpg

Last edited:
pds and luvs - yes, the rind melts and there is no need to remove anything because nothing is left. The rind is nothing more than the outside that has dried out a little bit. It provides some great flavor and some salty goodness! :chef:

tastes great, cept mine doesn't melt!!:huh: my parm reggiano, anyhow. how to get that to melt, elf?

Hi Folks,
Been away for a long time...I'm back.
So many dinners are sounding good tonight.
Just put a bird in the oven. Having classic roast chicken, yams, mashed potatoes, gravy and another veg that I have yet to decide on.

had planned to make pasta, brown bread and salad. over did it this morning and now my energy is gone, despite lying down for a while. so just had left over pizza. still one piece left, may throw away . getting sick of it.

babe:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom