ISO Spring Roll Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Kaixin,
Thank you for all these wonderful recipes! I regret not seeing this thread earlier. My son will love the fried rice and my daughter the fried noodles recipe. Would you please share your recipe for spring rolls? I usually buy them and heat them up in the oven (usually there's one left by the time I get to try them) but I would love to know how to make them. I have printed most of the recipes. Thank you once again.

Deep Fry Spring Roll

At last, the Spring Rolls. We had them as part of a banquet last night.

Jeekinz – any cut with a lot of fat and bone which add flavour to the meat.

Ingredients: One Packet of spring roll pastry (large), 2 or 3 different vegetables (carrot, cabbage, bok choy, spinach, celery – anything in the fridge really) approx 200 gms in weight, 200 gms meat (it can be any meat you choose, beef, lamb, chicken, duck or it can be tofu). The meat can be minced or whole pieces.

Seasoning: Vegetable oil for a deep fryer or saucepan, 1 teaspoon of regular Soya sauce, some salt.

Preparation: cut the vegetables and the meat into thin strips, add the Soya sauce to the meat and mix. Mix the meat and vegetables together and stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes. Take the Spring Roll pastry out of the packet. Halve to make two triangles. Peel off one piece. Put a heaped teaspoon of the filling in. Fold to make a cylinder. Moisten each overlapping fold with your finger (the small bowl in the photos is water)

Cooking: Put the oil in the saucepan or deep fryer. Cook in deep fryer as per instructions for approx 5 minutes or until golden brown. Bring the oil in the saucepan to a slow simmer and deep fry for approx 5 minutes or until golden brown. OK, can eat now. Hao Chi. :rolleyes:

Photos in Kaixin

Note: Deepfrying in a saucepan is very dangerous :( and should only be attempted if you are familiar with the process. Otherwise please get instruction from an experienced cook or chef.

Thank you Kaixin! I've been wondering where you've been. I was just thinking of cooking up some Chinese food tonight and am so glad I searched for this thread. I hope you're doing well in Australia. I love your recipes. Thanks for sharing them with us here.

Hi Dina

I see now where I have 'been' - I have been hanging out in 'Ethnic Foods' - I am just about to post a pork soup recipe there

zai jian

Xiaosui

Thank you texasgirl

Yes, don't be daunted and don't worry if they do not look 'professional' the first few times - mine look a bit funny, but they taste great.

zia jian

Xiaosui

Ido not make spring rolls, but I do make egg rolls often. They are so much better fresh than any store bought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom