Dinner Tuesday, September 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Venison and fried zucchini. The only one that grew in the garden this year.

1 more than I got.... something dug mine up.
Got 7 yellow squash tho!

I'm making a cream of tomato basil soup I found yesterday, and grilled cheese unless I can find something more interesting.

grilled cheese and tomato soup sound wonderful to me.
I'll have some when Paul's gone this weekend.

I'm making open faced Reubens for 6 people with steak cut fries, slaw and pickles. The corned beef is already simmering. Heineken.

aw forget it, I like his sammiches better, I'll be in New Jersey, I;ll leave the soup on the stove for you guys.......

Mac & Cheese with Ham & broccoli casserole

Boil 2 chicken thighs for about an hour. Cool & strip.

Use stock to boil tri-color rotini pasta, add salt and more water if necessary. About half way through, add half a bag of frozen broccoli (or any frozen vegetlables).

Drain with colander in a bowl to save stock.

Heat about a cup of stock and melt 1/4 loaf of Velveeta type cheese.

Mix chicken meat with macaroni and cheese sauce in a casserole dish. Top with seasoned breadcrumbs and brown. About 350 for 20 minutes, or under the broiler.

Freeze or refrigerate stock to use for gravy, etc.

Great with chunks of ham instead of chicken.:chef:

Well, it is my first official day home and I want to give my guys a good dinner without too much work so I took a meatloaf out of the freezer (I made it and froze it raw before my first surgery) and will bake it this afternoon. Not sure of sides yet but leaning towards roasted potatoes, carrots and onions, with a side salad.

wait , i wanna join yins!!! i'll bring primanti's & we'll dine on jeeks competitive sammiches, too.

Bet it is good to be back home LP.

Making baked porkchops suffed with sage-cranberry stuffing, and baked cauliflower.

Last edited:
Bet it is good to be back home LP.

Making baked porkchops suffed with sage-cranberry stuffing, and baked cauliflower.

Thanks, Dave, yes it is. And your chops sound wonderful. Do you bake your cauliflower with a curry sauce. My SisIL makes a wonderful curried cauli.

Well, the meatloaf is in the fridge till tomorrow as our border is out tonight and I will make that dinner for all of us then. DH is picking up some minute steak and I am going to make some quacamole so he and I can have fajitas!

Thanks, Dave, yes it is. And your chops sound wonderful. Do you bake your cauliflower with a curry sauce.

LP,

The chops came out great. They always do. It is one of my favorite meals.

I tried a new recipe for the cauliflower, I usually just steam it but this time I steamed it, topped it with a mixture of breadcumbs, melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, summer savory, and dry mustard then baked it at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. YUM! :)

Back
Top Bottom