PM question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
If you try to send a PM to someone and their inbox is full, will the message resend on its own once they have cleared space?

Best thing to do in a situation like this is post a new thread on the board that says "member name, your PM box is full."

Thanks.
I went to try and send it again, hoping that they had seen the message I left on their BB, and apparently it doesn't get saved anywhere either, not that I could see. That kinda stinks. You would think there should be an "Unsent" folder for when this happens.

Had I known it would not be saved in a drafts, unsent or undeliverable folder, I most certainly would have, or left the page open and reopened the forum in another window.
Hindsight.....

Hi Pacanis - You could also use the link send an e-Mail message, if that option is available for that user. PM in box catches up pretty quickly here. You can turn off keep a copy of sent messages and get "Better Millage".

AC

AC

Thanks.
I went to try and send it again, hoping that they had seen the message I left on their BB, and apparently it doesn't get saved anywhere either, not that I could see. That kinda stinks. You would think there should be an "Unsent" folder for when this happens.

Hey, do we look like Outlook Express :LOL::LOL::LOL: (sorry, just kidding :blush:)

Sorry you lost the PM pacanis. Yes, Adillo's tip is very useful.

I've had about 4 people now tell me they never received a PM that I know was sent....is this happening to anyone else??:ermm::ermm:

I have a question - if I send a PM to someone who's Inbox is full, do I get notified that their box is full? I mean, is there any way to know if a PM actually made it into their box or if it bounced? I'm not concerned about people not replying because we're all busy and it's never anything earthshaking. But if I'm replying to a PM they have sent me, I would hate to think they never knew I replied. (Does that make any sense?)

I have a question - if I send a PM to someone who's Inbox is full, do I get notified that their box is full? I mean, is there any way to know if a PM actually made it into their box or if it bounced? I'm not concerned about people not replying because we're all busy and it's never anything earthshaking. But if I'm replying to a PM they have sent me, I would hate to think they never knew I replied. (Does that make any sense?)

You should get a notification that that member's mailbox is full and cannot receive new messages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom