What's for Dinner, Monday, Sept 29, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'll be doing a restful meal tonight without all the heat and soul that the last few days have been bold in.
So, sliced thin pieces of filet mignon roast in the freezer, already cooked, over plain old tried and true mashed potatoes made with milk/butter/salt/pepper. A simple but clean mild barely flavored beef gravy, mostly a white gravy actually. For the vegs, green beans in butter salt and pepper, salad of lettuce, tomatoes, home made vinaigarette of oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic and parm cheese and the end of that NYT bread with butter. He'll have a Smith and Wesson, I'll have multi layered iced tea.

This dinner was one I had many many times as a little girl.
I went to my friends house often, we were horse buddies all day every day together. Her very British family used this as a staple meal for dinner. [some would say too often, not me]. I grew to look so forward to it and Minni Titti Couts' cake too but no one can tell me how to do that now.:(And she's gone [so is that recipe too forever I suppose].

Any plans for dinner yet?

We are having a friend over tonight so...

I think we are having venison back strap
acorn squash
a big salad
French bread
and
dessert...not sure about what kind though... I'm surfing the web now looking for a good one.

I think it will be reverse sear thick cut pork chops with a mushroom sauce. Haven't decided on a veg yet. I do have some asparagus...maybe saute that with garlic and red pepper flakes.

Not really sure yet,
I do have some shrimp in the freezer, asparagus and mushrooms in the crisper, so maybe some sort of stir fry.

I have a new Mac n Cheese recipe to try. It's from a chef friend who's fanatic about using fresh products, so I was totally surprised the recipe has Velveeta in it.

I'm thinking a pan seared chicken breast and some steamed broccoli to go with it.

LL

acorn squash
a big salad
French bread
and
dessert...not sure about what kind though... I'm surfing the web now looking for a good one.
you oughta consider the banana thing I wrote about, makes up easily:ROFLMAO: and good , omg..................or not:wacko:

acorn squash
a big salad
French bread
and
you oughta consider the banana thing I wrote about, makes up easily:ROFLMAO: and good , omg
I have a new Mac n Cheese recipe to try. It's from a chef friend who's fanatic about using fresh products, so I was totally surprised the recipe has Velveeta in it.I'm thinking a pan seared chicken breast and some steamed broccoli to go with it.LL
hey wait, I'm LL..........hahhahh
The best mac and cheese I can personally make, is with and does use, Velveeta, I hate to admit it but bet you that's the secret of Stouffers M&C too

you oughta consider the banana thing I wrote about, makes up easily:ROFLMAO: and good , omg
hey wait, I'm LL..........hahhahh
The best mac and cheese I can personally make, is with and does use, Velveeta, I hate to admit it but bet you that's the secret of Stouffers M&C too

Thanks, but I've decided on pecan pie cake with vanilla ice cream!!;)

DH is cooking tonight - he's making a biltong, feta and spinach pie with phyllo pastry. Biltong is dried cured meat - a bit like what you would call jerky.

I'm busy making wholewheat pasta for the month - pasta prices here has gone through the roof so now I make my own - much nicer than the store bought pasta anyway.

Not really sure yet,
I do have some shrimp in the freezer, asparagus and mushrooms in the crisper, so maybe some sort of stir fry.

Change of plans,
GF called from work and requested chili cheese hotdogs and hot wings for Monday Night Football! Go Ravens!! (gotta love that woman).
Makes me wonder how she's going to do it with sore gums though.

I'm getting hungry for some fried pork chops. They are frozen solid (is there any other way?) in a package of four..... I'm a little bummed I decided so late, but haven't entirely scrapped the idea. I think they were frozen with paper inbetween, so maybe I can get them separated and they will thaw faster and not kill me :LOL: Maybe I'll go take a looksee in the freezer now....

I'm getting hungry for some fried pork chops. They are frozen solid (is there any other way?) in a package of four..... I'm a little bummed I decided so late, but haven't entirely scrapped the idea. I think they were frozen with paper inbetween, so maybe I can get them separated and they will thaw faster and not kill me :LOL: Maybe I'll go take a looksee in the freezer now....

nuke them to defrost them!!!!;)

i find chops thaw faster for me than anything else.....
I put 'em in water.
Hmmm... pork chops..... I may have some around somewhere....

Yuk! I hate nuking food to defrost it. It turns it gray.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I just need to get them separated and they'll be OK on my aluminum defrosting plate.
Hmmm, maybe if I tried banging them on the counter....
:LOL:

I did the waterbath method to defrost a sirloin steak last night. It lost its bright red color. It tasted OK, but I might as well have nuked it.
I had it on my defrosting plate with ice cold water trickling on it... Is there a technique? They don't lose their color if left to thaw on their own at room temp (shhh).

oh boy you're gonna start a 6 page thread on pork defrostation now...
:)
do you leave them in plastic when you're thawing in water? sometimes when a have a hole in my plastic and they get full of water my things get sorta yucky lookin'....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom