What's for Dinner Tuesday, September 30, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably heat the plate I made up from last night's dinner, unless the shortribs I took out this morning have thawed, then I'll do something with those. Unless I change my mind. It's early yet.

here we go again, i dont know.
I was thinking the BLT's I didn;t do last night, but all I have is mayo, DH only likes Miracle Whip.... yuck.
If I had been thinking I'd have grabbed a MW packet or 2 from work.
sheesh.

1. gonna do bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp that I'll drizzle hoisin over at the end
2. potato wedges roasted
3. white corn on the cob
4. salad just like last nights, hubby tossed that balsamic on his tho
5. baked pita wedges with cheese bean dip if he didn't eat it all
6. Waldorf salad because I have apples, celery, walnuts and mayo and it sounds good right now
7. He'll have dreamsicle cake with vanilla ice cream and I'll have one of these, just ONE, cause they are soooooooooooooooooooooooo dang good
8. Blueberry shuffle for the man, white iced tea for me

Attachments

• hershey_kisses_candy_corn.jpg
    hershey_kisses_candy_corn.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 212
  • hershey_kisses_candy_corn_i.jpg
    hershey_kisses_candy_corn_i.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 197
I did lentil soup. Used the left over gravy from last night plus the broth from the chuck roast, then added 8 cups water, finely diced onion, finely diced carrot, and finely chopped bacon to it. Added some other spices and some salt and sugar as well. Smells wonderful and must about ready to eat!
Having corn bread on the side with it and a salad to start off. Already had a midori sour to start off the evening, but that is all I can have cause of med conflicts, LOL.

I've got a big ole pot of vegetable beef soup in the crockpot. It's chilly here today. Dh and ds will have tomato soup and grilled cheese, neither of them like veg/beef soup. I'll be able to eat the soup for days! I'll take some to my mom so she can have a home cooked meal.
I've got to learn how to make the NYT bread, it would go soo good with the soup.

Barb

I'm making oven BBQ chicken wings, with BBQ beans topped with baccon, corn on the cob, and dinner rolls. I'd like to make something for dessert, but havn't decided what...

I tried a new recipe out of the Bake Until Bubbly cookbook. I made the ground lamb and macaroni casserole - it was OK. It was good but I don't think it was a "keeper" ya know.

I had some Cadbury chocolate caramels (from the UK) for dessert.

Gonna do leftover mac n cheese from last night - that recipe was a lot! Not anticipating it being a truly delightful meal, but a scorching huge-o salad full of yummy fun stuff should help compensate.

LL

I went with last night's dinner again tonight as well, and it was every bit as tasty.
So that means I have day to figure out how I want to cook the short ribs.

I had chicken broth, DH had 3 bowls of cereal and the border ate out. Nothing exciting here in the sick-house!

Back
Top Bottom