Sunday lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
The whole family is coming for Sunday lunch. 12 people and all the men eat a lot so I have to cook a lot of food!

My Mediterranean style menu is subject to what I could find on special:rolleyes: which was ground beef, chicken fillet and frozen mixed seafood so on the menu will be lasagna; chicken&feta pie; bean,eggplant and red pepper salad; roasted cauliflower and a mixed salad.
I want to make everything on the Saturday and just reheat it on Sunday except for the mixed salad and maybe the seafood and cauliflower

Not sure what to do with the seafood though - any ideas ? (thought about paella but will need to make it just before serving which won't work for me as I'll be on my 3rd glass of wine by then:LOL:)

A seafood chowder with some nice crusty bread?

Your menu sounds wonderful, Tanya! If you have the chance, would you please post your recipe for the bean, eggplant and red pepper salad?

(I wish we had a forum just for eggplant! LOL!)

Lee

Thanks QSis. For once it's actually going to be a summery day otherwise chowder would have been perfect ! Don't have a recipe for the salad - just going to roast the eggplant and peppers and mix it with cooked beans - then drizzle with an olive oil ,balsamic vinegar,garlic and herb dressing and sprinkle feta on top. I also love eggplant!

Back
Top Bottom