What is the Lunch Wagon bringin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliev

Washing Up
I am going to make a turkey salad melt sammich (yes, turkey again!) :LOL:

As long as the nuker in the break room is working, Turkey Tetrazzini (yes, turkey leftovers here too!). I also have a peach yogurt and Granny Smith apple.

I thought about the turkey salad melt sammich, too. Having never made it, I assume it's pretty much the same as tuna salad? I figured I'd chop the turkey up and add a little mayo, a little sour cream, dill relish, a touch of mustard, etc. I only have colby cheese right now which doesn't melt very well, but it should do the trick! Dang it, now I'm hungry!

DampCharcoal said:
I thought about the turkey salad melt sammich, too. Having never made it, I assume it's pretty much the same as tuna salad? I figured I'd chop the turkey up and add a little mayo, a little sour cream, dill relish, a touch of mustard, etc. I only have colby cheese right now which doesn't melt very well, but it should do the trick! Dang it, now I'm hungry!
:LOL: sowwy Damp!

I make mine with alittle mayo and Miracle Whip, chunked leftover turkey, chopped celery, finely chopped green onion, finely chopped dill pickle, and alittle mustard....and salt and pepper to taste! I like mine on rye bread, but I'm using 'Limpa' bread (swedish... grandma sent some home with me). For the cheese, I have both provolone and swiss, not sure what I'm going to use yet.

Peanut Brittle. I bought some at the store today for an evening treat. Unfortunately I decided to sample some, and it became "lunch." That should drive a few dieticians up the wall. :LOL:

Otter said:
Peanut Brittle. I bought some at the store today for an evening treat. Unfortunately I decided to sample some, and it became "lunch." That should drive a few dieticians up the wall. :LOL:
:LOL: hey, whatever works Otter! I like to make that for Christmas gifts for coworkers. I put it in a really special holiday tin with ribbon.

SierraCook said:
smoked gouda cheese, rosemary triscuit crackers, salami, applesauce, an orange, and iced tea

Sierra, do you like the rosemary triscuits? I had them with our munchies on Thanksgiving and my SIL and I thought they tasted like oregano, not rosemary. I was a little disappointed. :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom