Friday dinner - 17 October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
So far, today, I've made Breakfast At Tiffany's (yes, I'm working at Tiffany's on 5th Ave this week!) and am in the middle of making Lunch at Tiffany's. Lunch just doesn't sound as glamourous, does it?

Dinner, however, is at home.

Cornmeal blinis with mozzarella cream cheese
Spicy jerk beef in pastry
mushrooms stuffed with diced pepperoni and black olives
English graham cookies(more like a cracker) with apple slices and cheddar
Philly pretzels
white chocolate shortbread cookies

Paddy cocktails - irish whiskey, sweet vermouth, obligatory cherry, dash of bitters.

Pork chops and roasted potatoes for Paulie

Leftover steamed cabbage and tomatoes for me

Salad with lots of veggies for us both

I was thinking of buying some potato chips and Doritos so I could eat the dust for dinner ;), but I think I'll go with brats on the grill instead. With peppers, onions and potatoes on them.

So far, today, I've made Breakfast At Tiffany's (yes, I'm working at Tiffany's on 5th Ave this week!) and am in the middle of making Lunch at Tiffany's. Lunch just doesn't sound as glamourous, does it?

Dinner, however, is at home.

Cornmeal blinis with mozzarella cream cheese
Spicy jerk beef in pastry
mushrooms stuffed with diced pepperoni and black olives
English graham cookies(more like a cracker) with apple slices and cheddar
Philly pretzels
white chocolate shortbread cookies

Paddy cocktails - irish whiskey, sweet vermouth, obligatory cherry, dash of bitters.
I'm normally a boubon man, but those Paddy's sound great!
Don't really know what we're going to have tonight. Mary has more oral surgery in the morning so I guess I'll leave the dinner decision to her again.

So far, today, I've made Breakfast At Tiffany's (yes, I'm working at Tiffany's on 5th Ave this week!) and am in the middle of making Lunch at Tiffany's. Lunch just doesn't sound as glamourous, does it?...

Oh your life is so Glam, Vera!
I'll just live vicariously through you.

Well....its biketoberfest here, so hubbys working 12pm to 12am today, well actually almost every day this week:mad:So Im thinking of having a pizza party with my boys:)

Oh your life is so Glam, Vera!
I'll just live vicariously through you.
Not so glam, really. I just had a customer insisted I put glass in the baby spinach. Nevermind that she also brought in her own can of salmon, but sure, I put glass in the spinach. She continued to play around with it using her fingers, and wouldn't you know it, it's the only glass shard that when manipulated won't cut flesh to produce blood. Did I mention how suspiciously it looked like fish bone?
Still, it is pretty cool getting to hang out in some of these great buildings.

Homemade corned beef hash and a mushroom cheddar omelet...
or what passes for an omlet when the Fool makes them, LOL!

Healthy it aint. oink!

Burgers and something. Waiting to get hungry so I can think creatively. I think I could be to Vera's house in a couple of hours if I leave now.

My husband and I are on a health kick, so I've decided to make a new very healthy looking recipe called Chicken and Mushroom Pizzaiolo, some steamed broccolli, pepper, carrots and onions and whole wheat tortellini with alfredo sauce!

Oven is in use for baking bread 7 loaves of bread tonight and DW is out for the evening. Made a sammy of ham, munster & Genoa zlami on my fresh Italian, all slathered with mayo. Lays chips on the side with a Pepsi. Urp! Back to work...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom