Got a FRIGHT today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
I took a nap this afternoon, and while laying there . i heard a loud banging.
thought it was the handyman. then another bang so got up, looking out dining room window. no handyman. shrugged and headed for sunroom where i smoke.

got halfway through computer room where door is to sunroom. a large young man was standing in my sunroom with my back door open. i was very startled and said "what the hell are you doing" he took off out the door and ran behind house next to me. then saw his partner take off as well back to houses behind me, where he cut through the two yards. i pulled door closed and called police.

he must have been in for some minutes, stole my watch and cig. holder case . a few other things were disarranged. gotta say it scared me. son is going to put dead bolt on that door. tonight i am putting two heavy metal rods in track of slider.

very brazen to do that in broad daylight, don't you think? it didn't make me hysterical or anything. since i saw my husband murdered, nothing has scared me to much.

this guy appeared to be white, college aged fellow with hugh backpack.
didn't see his buddy all that well, but he was shorter with dark curly hair, with a backpack as well.

gonna be even more careful than i have been but not a fearful old lady. :cool:

Babe, that would scare me out of my wits, too! What did the police say? I'd be willing to bet they "visited" other houses in your neighborhood, too. I agree, people who do this in broad daylight are even scarier. It makes me think they aren't scared of anything.

I'm really sorry this happened. Are you nervous about tonight? Is there anyone who can come and stay over tonight?

Wow, good thing for you you woke up when you did.
Sounds like you need a four-legged alert system. I've read most roberries happen during daylight hours (mine happened at dusk several years ago in the city, but I wasn't home). Anything that can draw attention will scare away most "freelance" burglers. Glad you are beefing things up.

Babe, that would scare me out of my wits, too! What did the police say? I'd be willing to bet they "visited" other houses in your neighborhood, too. I agree, people who do this in broad daylight are even scarier. It makes me think they aren't scared of anything.

I'm really sorry this happened. Are you nervous about tonight? Is there anyone who can come and stay over tonight?

no not scared of tonight. not likely they would come back. i have found a long metal rod to put in runner of sliding door that separates the sunroom from rest of house. will get dead bolt for back door tomorrow. i am going to leave the floodlight on the sunroom porch on tonight. maybe the other doors as well, haven't before because they are really really bright. shines into my bedroom. gonna throw some towels up there.

the police did a search in park looking for them but no luck. i am sure they were long gone by the time police arrived .

it should just make me more security concious :cool:

Oh Babe - I am so glad that this young man was not violent, and did not hurt you. He sounds like an amateur (hopefully), if he was not prepared to be interrupted. is Thomas OK? You are very BRAVE.

:) Yes, a four legged alarm is good. As for me no such problem here besides the occasional bear. I have three dogs. When I travel I take my one dog Bear who is a great alarm she actually wakes me up from deep sleep. I also have my trusty Beretta 92 FS with extra clips right by the bed. Here at home? We have a sign on the front of house with a pistol outline in metal and it says (We don't dial 911) ;) Babe, what about a good German Shepard they are great companions and protectors and very smart so easy to train. We have one that was abandoned and he is an incredible dog so darn smart and loving.

i'm glad you're calm & collected, babe. that's scary, an intruder in your place.
i got robbed at a busstop by a drugged-out female (well, she didn't actually rob me as i refused to give her my $$$) & keep pepper spray on my keychain now. it's pink!!

:) Yes, a four legged alarm is good. As for me no such problem here besides the occasional bear. I have three dogs. When I travel I take my one dog Bear who is a great alarm she actually wakes me up from deep sleep. I also have my trusty Beretta 92 FS with extra clips right by the bed. Here at home? We have a sign on the front of house with a pistol outline in metal and it says (We don't dial 911) ;) Babe, what about a good German Shepard they are great companions and protectors and very smart so easy to train. We have one that was abandoned and he is an incredible dog so darn smart and loving.

since my husband was murdered, i don't like to have guns around. i have had a german shepard in the past. they are lovely dogs and very protective. it is not fair to have a dog in a mobile home park. they get little or no exercise. i wouldn't do that to any dog and certainly not a large dog such as a shepard

will just have to very careful with locks and outside lights. doubt they will be back. :cool:

Oh Babe - I am so glad that this young man was not violent, and did not hurt you. He sounds like an amateur (hopefully), if he was not prepared to be interrupted. is Thomas OK? You are very BRAVE.

thomas is cool, i thought he might have gone out the open door. he never misses a chance to split lol. he was just hiding under my bed. silly cat. when it was all over, he comes strolling out and wanted a goodie. :LOL:

thomas is cool, i thought he might have gone out the open door. he never misses a chance to split lol. he was just hiding under my bed. silly cat. when it was all over, he comes strolling out and wanted a goodie. :LOL:
I am so glad you are okay and that Thomas did not flee.
LC

I think a 357 magnum would be in order, and yes I would of shot the so and so right where it would have put him out of action for ever, he would sing very high tenor in the prison choir. I live in a "secure building" wich is a joke as they constantly break the key lock on the elevator's and once some one gets in the first secure door they can go any where so I keep a loaded 12 gauge shot gun right beside my bed. nuff said

I am so glad you are ok, Have you ever thought about a stun gun? We will be praying for you babetoo.

Jimminy Cricket. Your story scared the bejesus out of me.
I'm glad you're only a little shook up and have taken precautions.
I really don't know what I would have done and don't own a gun.
Although, they say the gun laws down here as easy. But I don't think I'd have enough wits about me to even think at a time like that.
But I do like your idea about the picture and saying. And I think I'll just do that idea, if you don't mind.
Sorry for your troubles. (I didn't know about your husband) Please, stay safe and I'll say an additional prayer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom