ISO a nice veggie korma recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a recipe I make often.

Mix veggies - whatever you like cut the into medium cubes - I like to use one patato, cauliflower, peas, red and green bell peppers and green beans.
1/2 cup of almonds - remove the skin and blend them with a little water and keep them on the side
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 green chili finely chopped
1/2 stick of ginger finely chopped
2 fresh tomatoes finely diced
1/2 cup of cream
1 sprig of curry leaves if you have them handy or skip
cilantro for garnish
2 tbsp of oil

Spices:
Freshly roasted and grind two tsps of cumin seeds and two tsps of corrainder seeds.
2 tsps of paprika (for color)
1/2 tsp of turmeric
salt to taste

In a pan, add the oil. When it's hot, add the curry leaves and onions and cook until light brown. Toss in the ginger, garlic and green chilis along with the dry spices. Cook until a nice aroma develops. Add the tomatoes and continue to stir it until the tomatoes become pulpy. Add the blended almond mixture along with the veggies and stir to combine. Cook covered on low heat for 30 - 40 minutes until the veggies are tender. Stir in the cream and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with whatever you wish. I prefer a simple freshly made wheat roti with it.

This is my chicken korma recipe. You can adapt it to a veggie korma. I like the look of Yakuta's.

Chicken Korma

Ingredients

2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion
4cm piece of root ginger
· 4 whole cloves
· 4 cardamon pods, crushed
· 1 tsp ground coriander
· 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
· ¼ tsp allspice
· ½ tsp ground turmeric
· 1 tsp mild chilli
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp tomato puree
75g (3oz) ground almonds
50g (2oz) flaked toasted almonds (optional, for home only)
½ chicken stock cubes
250ml (8 fl oz) boiling water
200ml (7 fl oz) whipping cream
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
salt / pepper

Method

1 Peel and chop the onion. Crush the garlic. Make up the stock cube, with 250ml boiling water

2 Peel and grate the root ginger. Measure out the spices, mixing together, except for the cloves and cardamom pods.

3 Fry the onion, cloves, and cardamom pods for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.

4 Add the chicken, garlic and ginger, and fry for 4 minutes. Then add all the remaining spices, stirring around to release the flavour.

5 Add the tomato puree, ground almonds, stock and cream, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until reduced to the consistency of thick cream. Taste and add seasoning if required.

6 Sprinkle toasted almonds on top and serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom